Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bee Consultation  (Read 1869 times)

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Bee Consultation
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:48:31 pm »
Defra have produced a consultation that might be of interest to beekeepers - link below

www.defra.gov.uk/consult/2013/01/10/bee-health-1301

Scroll down to the consultation document
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
Re: Bee Consultation
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »
I became bored way before I'd trawled half way through. No doubt the the nitty gritty will filter through after the nerds have deciphered it all.

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:28:19 pm »
Ha Ha   like it ,
Perhaps start at the back page and work your way forward a page at a time  ..I'm told that is usually the best way to read such gobblede gook governement documents to get to the nitty gritty before unconsiousness sets in .
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:24 pm »
It makes me smile at the genuine stupidity of these dfera type bods who make a living daily churning out stupidity by the ton day after day.
 We can never  control any disease in the bees for unles every bee keeper is forced to register and treat their bee all at the same time several times a year there will always be a path for re infection not to mention all the feral swarms and natural wild bees that continue to survive in a myriad of places .
All we can do is hope that the big pharma design a bee friendly medicine for those who want to try and protect ther stocks but for them to do that there has to me research funding and aprofit in it at the end of the day . whilst it is desireable for the government to step in with research funding they will also want some thing back from the bee keepers it won't be a free meal ...though saying that has it ever been a free meal ???
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS