Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: language barrier  (Read 2339 times)

sandy

language barrier
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:45:58 pm »
WHere is the blushing smiley? I was out with some young people making clay money box's, a young boy of 8 was sitting with a girl making a Duck one and it was good, he made a whole in the bottom and also  a stopper (should have used that word) as he was making the whole I said " are you making a whole for a cork?" in my English accent, the boy went red and giggled to the girl who looked down and told him to be quiet, I said it again and he said " I thought you said Cock!" still giggling...very good night though, all those Scots on the site will understand better!!!

HappyHippy

Re: language barrier
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:19 pm »
He He  ;D
From the mouths of babes eh?

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:47 pm »
We had a lovely Irish couple visit us to buy some hens, they introduced themselves as Willie and Hannah.

We started to see them every week at the farmers market, and my Tara would giggle every time we saw them.

One day I asked why she was laughing, and she said "Well fancy calling your little boy that name, its silly".

So now he is known as silly willie ;D ;D ;D ;D

Funny what kids see as really funny

Julie

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 08:38:43 am »
For real faux pas, try living here. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:15:36 pm »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

12th smiley in from the left, Sandy! ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:31:58 pm »
:-[I wanted a Red one!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS