Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where is everyone?!  (Read 6264 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Where is everyone?!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 02:13:02 am »
Broadband has been down all day in S Lanarkshire, Edinburgh and Darlington - just back.  There are loads of messages to read......  :)

I love the tumbleweed  8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:25:48 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 08:14:57 am »
So sorry for the loss of your pony,
few years ago we imported an arab mare who had won the Dutch national Championships 3 years running, we only had her about six weeks whe she got salmonella poisoning from drinking out of the river Severn, I cried like a baby , It's horrid sitting with a dead horse waiting for the mort waggon to  come.

Mel

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:16 am »
Yes,so very Sorry to hear about your Pony. :-[ :'( and I agree,so many so and so's disappear into the woodwork when you need them most.at least you find out whom your real friends are.Just remember you are better than them. :thumbsup:

The question I hope was inoffensive,I know we all work very hard and out all hours of the day so I do hope nobody took it personally.I think I felt there are not too many answers to questions in some categories,I must admit even I am spending time in the coffee lounge etc  ;) whilst I have been smallholding for 2-3 yrs now-well full time,I don't see myself as a body of authority or professional by any means,we all learn things every day but I feel there are many of you whom have been doing it so much longer than I,so I always look up to those who have more experience. :)

I too love the tumbleweed ;D

Dan,I have to admit and I do apologise,I have never seen that page before-but then,it did not occur to me to look. :-[

I am happy to see you are all here ;D xxxx

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:26 am »
Sorry to hear about your pony PP i know how i felt when i lost mine :'(
I can't keep up with all the posts sometimes so i tend to go for the ones i can answer or reply to quickly. It gets very busy at work, so i can only post to quick ones there, then there's demanding hubby at home who cry's " are you on that bloody forum again, where me tea"  :D
So i throw something at him and carry on typing ...... that's the other thing i'm naff at typing and some of you put such long posts on here i would be exhausted if i typed that much!!! :P

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 09:34:06 am »
Sorry to hear about your pony  :bouquet:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 10:23:13 am »
 :bouquet: PP
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 11:14:17 am »
some of the posts are time related (time of day) others are day related for responces good or bad
it is addictive when we were without internet the unread posts just piled up  some posts you have just got to reply to (they are so way of the mark) others all you would be doing is working the bale counter
i have said before i don't do tea and sympathy so tend not to get involved with these ones on a large scale
some people there life changes for better or worse  and so does there postings either none or on constantly
the stastictis what can i say   66 days at present most of that is Lillian she will come on and leave a page up with the meter running i tend to come in log on catch up and out again :farmer:
PS  Dan i know the dodge that was pulled with the bale counter  Lillian expected a reaction from me  it did not happen  also is that the ban on moving avatars lifted now ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 11:31:09 am »
Well, it's SUNNY out there  8)...............MoH finished trenching in the water supply to the polytunnel at the weekend................. and I'm digging over and mucking the beds in the PT ready to plant my onion sets and start sowing carrots................, and cleaning out the vacant turkey/chicken/duck houses ready for the ones I'm gonna hatch this year................................, and...............................
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 01:01:52 pm »
Very sorry PP its the one thing I dread every time I go to the field on my own and the ponies think it's funny to lie in the sun and play sleeping lions not moving a muscle until you are stood over them.

I try to read most post each day to learn from them but as I am very new to this I'm not able to reply very often.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 11:38:25 pm »
I have to have my hour's TAS 'fix' every day.   ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS