Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hi everyone  (Read 995 times)

littlelugs

• Joined Aug 2011
  • carmarthenshire
hi everyone
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:06:22 pm »
hello all,
new to posting and the forum but have been hiding in the background watching and gathering information from the boards for a few months or so.
we are just in the process of buying our first small holding in south wales so fingers crossed that all goes well, as currently we are renting a field 10 miles from our house where we have successfully increased our little holding from 3 scraggy looking warren hens up to the 13 hens 6 ducks 2 geese 2 goats and 9 pigs that we now have down there.
i have gained a great deal of wisdom and information from this forum and i hope that i will eventually know enough to be able to give something back to other members.
Lisa  :wave:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:18:37 pm »
Hi Lisa,
I have been posting to the forum for a while (well mostly questions) but don't have a smallholding.  That might be about to change as we too are buying somewhere in South Wales.  Just trying to make up my mind which property to go for.
All the best with your new venture
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »
Hello and welcome, littlelugs (love the name  ;D) from Carnoustie! That will be some flitting  ;)

Good luck with the search and decision, Bionic. All roads lead to Wales  ;D

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:28:31 pm »
Hi and welcome to both Littlelugs and Bionic.
Hope you have as much fun as we do. We are in West Wales right on the coast and love it, sure you will too. :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS