Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: COURIERS - how much  (Read 2454 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
COURIERS - how much
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »
Anyone give me a ballpark figure of prices for couriers - say around a 300 mile trip as an example - do they go by pence per mile / quantity of stock / both?
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
Re: COURIERS - how much
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:56:35 pm »
Go to website collectmyparcel.com.  If you know the weight and size of your parcel/package you can get an online quote for a number of well known couriers.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:04:42 pm »
? parcel type couriers or livestock couriers?

:)
Little Blue

Hannes

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
  • Loch Arthur and their animals
    • Loch Arthur Farms
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:17:14 pm »
Chicks for example come in parcels :-)  :chook: :P

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:59:01 pm »
I think Wytsend on here uses a livestock courier for his goats (a good & reasonably priced one ;)) - I know it was discussed on a thread, but can't remember which  ???
Maybe a quick pm to find out ?
HTH
Karen x

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 06:06:06 am »
I use Gordon George of Ardross Animal Transport.   He uses a Sprinter an/trailer  that has been specially converted for carrying goats & small livestock.   Sheep/pigs etc travel in a stock trailer.

In my opinion he is the best to do any job with smallholder animals... he has great respect fot the animals,  unlike the commercial hauliers.

His number is  01491 681619   mob:   07768 360331

300 mile round trip might be possible to combine with somebody else in which case it would be a little cheaper.  Best thing is to ring him.... know he has quite a busy diary at the moment.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »
Thank you Wystend, that was exactly what I was looking for - don't have any livestock lined up at the moment for collection but will keep the numbers you gave just in case.  Many thanks.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS