Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stafford county show  (Read 4395 times)

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
Stafford county show
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »
Think I'll don me Wellies and have a mooch on Thursday..see if I can find any bargains..anyone going, of been before, my first time :fc:

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Re: Stafford county show
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
It is such a shame they are holding it on a wed/thurs, my OH will be at work so we won't be able to go. Hope you have fun!  :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:18:07 pm »
We may well go depending on the weather.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:25:10 pm »
We're going  :thumbsup: maybe only for an hour if it rains though!

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:40:12 pm »
May see you there.. I'll be the 1 in Wellies and a flat cap :roflanim: :roflanim:

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:47:42 pm »
I'm sure ill spot you then!

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »
Well I was looking for a indoor hanging hay rack and stainless milking bucket and what did they have?? None...disappointing or what... Was pretty shite!!!!!

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:48:36 am »
Well I was looking for a indoor hanging hay rack and stainless milking bucket and what did they have?? None...disappointing or what... Was pretty shite!!!!!
Carl
We generally find the big county shows are very poor in actual farming stuff, better look for the one day smaller agricultural shows where the local ag merchants have trade stands
check www.stackyard.com/orgs/agricultural_shows/dates.html? and www.asao.co.uk/?
  HTh mandy :pig:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 03:55:25 pm »
These big shows are more for entertaining the public ....who want to see dancing diggers, and the wall of death motorbike show.  They have no need for hay racks or milking pails, sadly.  I go to the Bakewell two Day show, and have found its more and more geared to non farming folk, on the stalls.  You can buy fancy scarves, and shoes but even at that show, you just get the occasional stall selling animal stuff.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 06:12:24 pm »
Carl,

You could try farm dispersal sales. Don't know about where you are but round here they are advertised in the local press.

We have bought feed troughs from them and they often have hay racks of various sizes and shapes.

My son loves them  ::)  and comes back with all sorts. He loves standing there bidding and quite often the older farmers laugh and say go on you have it lad.  ;D  His favourite days out.  ::) ;D

He's outside now messing with an old mini-tractor thing that he "won" at a sale a couple of weeks ago.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:32 pm »

Stainless steel milking bucket - unless you go to milking shows you would just be as well using a plastic (food grade) one , they usually come with a snap-on lid (handy if you have to negotiate the sheep on the way to the house after milking, as sheep think that anything that's carried in a bucket must be food for them!) and if washed out with hot water straight away (and occasionally put into the dish washer and/or cleaned with Milton (other brands are available)) last quite a long time too. New stainless steel buckets cost a fortune!

All of my stainless steel buckets come from people who have given up showing.

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 06:54:09 pm »
We were there with piggies.  It was very wet and we were camping  ::) .  Didn't sleep a wink due to the rain both nights, tent stayed dry though inside  :thumbsup: .  Didn't see any of the show as we were busy with the pigs.  Have to say we were glad to get home last night  :D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 08:36:18 pm »
I obviously didn't miss much then. And I wish I'd gone for a plastic bucket rather than fork out nearly thirty quid for a stainless steel one that is showing signs of rust on the lid already.

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am »
We were there with piggies.  It was very wet and we were camping  ::) .  Didn't sleep a wink due to the rain both nights, tent stayed dry though inside  :thumbsup: .  Didn't see any of the show as we were busy with the pigs.  Have to say we were glad to get home last night  :D

were you also at Newark  ?

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 11:12:42 am »

were you also at Newark  ?

Yes we were there too  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS