Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: forestry commision survey  (Read 2138 times)

princesspiggy

forestry commision survey
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:24:21 pm »
i had a forestry commision "rep" wanting to walk through our woods yesterday, with no prior notice,  to do a native woodland survey. Now iv got pigs, ponies (including 2 stallions) and cows roaming free-range over the land. she had no disinfectant for her boots, and i didnt think she would make it out in one piece, so i refused entry. would you have let her in?
i spoke to the F/C on fone and apparently they are insured for her to wander amongst loose animals, but i dont think they'd pay my vets bills if she brought a disease with her. plus chance of her being mobbed by a herd of hungry ponies is pretty high!
i was quite cross really, not helped by full moon!! dont know if she will be back. Do they have the right to just wander in at will?

Sandy

Re: forestry commision survey
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 06:30:36 pm »
Not sure but I certainly can see your point, there are so many scams and cons out there, she could be someone eyeing up your animals and how to get them onto a lorry, not all crooks wear stripes and balaclavas  ;) ;) I hate this BIG BROTHER stuff, I have been asked sooooo many times over the last few months for "looks" around our B&B, we were going to extend so we had countless COuncil inspections, then food health, plus fire regs, Visit Scotland, then I blew my cook when we had those loft insulation people, I just could not believe that yet another person wanted to roam around our home, any way, he turned out to be good (and the spit of Daniel Craige) and the house in bits anyway is soooo much warmer, now we have the Census people to roam around again........I'm sure these people all come from another planet and want to get as much inside info as poss!!!!!!!  Make you mad!!!!!

princesspiggy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »
well she could have been a rustler, so i foned F/C and checked but she was working for them. il have to wait and see if shes brave enough to return!!

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »
yes they do have the right to inspect it is a bit of a giveaway when they drive up in a f/c van green and yellow or estate car especially if you have claimed a grant for tree planting
you should take the same approach as i do (Robert) who the f*** are you always view with caution and don't be afraid to give them directions with two words

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 09:49:25 am »
well she was a subcontractor, just in a 4wd, had no id, no disinfectant for her boots, didnt know the people from the local office iv spoken to. the farm hasnt been in a scheme for 10 years. and she got my name wrong..!
i had no notice to bring the ponies in, so at this time of year with hungry bellies, she would have been ambushed by them. and i didnt want her taking a stick out with my youngsters.
she has yet to return!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS