Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cidre Bouche recipe ?  (Read 2370 times)

TG

• Joined Oct 2009
Cidre Bouche recipe ?
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:53:28 pm »
Does anyone have a recipe for Normandy Cidre Bouche ?

We prefer a lighter cider - and one that you can drink more than a half of without falling over !

Thanks
TG

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: Cidre Bouche recipe ?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »
I think you mean Cidre doux this is the lightest cider. Cidre bouche is cider in a champagne bottle it can be high in alcohol. I think they stop the fermentation early in cidre doux. I suppose you could stop it with a campden tablet. Doux just means soft/light. Bouche pronounced booshay means corked. I only know because I live in France. I'm not trying to be pedantic  ;D. Sorry I don't know how to make it. Maybe you could google it?

Just found this:

How can I make cidre doux?
How is cidre doux made at home? I am looking for a sweet and sparkling cider with a low alcohol level: about 2% to 3% max. Can anybody give me instructions or a recipe?
Thanks

My recipe is for 5 gallons, so you would need to adjust if you were making a lower percentage. It takes 5 gallon of fresh pressed cider (most store bought has been boiled or worse preserved) and some wine yeast (I prefer a white wine yeast such as Cote des Blancs). Put it in a bucket that has a lid and a vapor lock. Add 5 pounds of honey. Before you use the yeast rehydrate it meaning put it in some warm water with a teaspoon of sugar (it takes about 20 mins). Put that yeast into the juice and put place the cover and airlock over it. Leave it for 5 days then put it into bottles. Chill the bottles to below 40F. It is about one of the easiest thing to make (excepting of course you can get fresh pressed apple
cider)

I don't know how good it is though...........Good luck :wave:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:28:33 pm by lazybee »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS