Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: poo picking - is there an alternative???  (Read 20599 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: poo picking - is there an alternative???
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16:08 pm »

Most of my land is on a hill so the best investment I have made is a Mucktruck, no more pushing barrows, also have a quad bike with a trailer but I find that quite dificult to reverse and tip.
Anne

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 08:48:58 pm »
What has always bothered me is that when I am diligently shovelling poo into the wheel barrow to make the fields all lovely for the horses they follow me around and promptly deposit more poo exactly where i have cleared  :o

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »
When the horses are at home i dont mind poo picking at all as others have said i quite enjoy it watching whats going on around the land whilst doing a job,i put it straight in the trailer towed by my 4x4 then take it to an allotment that gives us vegs in return,however the horses are now at my neighbours house down the track to rest our fields and oh how i hate it,its not the poo picking its the fact i have to walk so far to empty the barrow.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 09:01:41 am »
It took me 25 minutes and one wheelbarrow to clean the PP track yesterday - that was a day's worth as Rebecca (may the saints love and preserve her), my neighbour cleared it the day before of a week's worth. Once we get the veg garden laid out, it will go straight there - no point in moving it twice.

The boys haven't half flattened the track and eaten the grass.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 04:46:57 pm »
Rosemary, surely you would want it to rot down for a bit before you put it on your veggie patch?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 05:05:39 pm »
Sorry - not ON the veg patch, IN the veg garden where it can rot down.  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS