Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: panorama monday bbc1T  (Read 4114 times)

charlie

• Joined Feb 2010
panorama monday bbc1T
« on: August 03, 2010, 11:34:43 am »
What type of animal lovers are we in the uk ? .To many back street breeders  :dog:

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
Re: panorama monday bbc1T
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:54:28 pm »
Too many money hungry, stupid, back street breeders.

It's just a pitty that the ones who keep dogs for fighting aren't put in to a cage with attack trained gsd's.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:42:17 pm »
High time the KC Accredited Breeder Scheme was extended and legalised.  That would get rid of those puppy farmers - and NO, they do NOT join the ABS - the KC does spot checks to prevent that and are stepping up their advisers and monitors this year to 10 times the previous number!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

charlie

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:22:29 am »
Hi Doganjo but how can you stop two people getting together and breeding there pet dog and then selling the pups with no papers at a cheaper price .I think that half the problem plus they don't know a good bitch from a bad one to breed with .That why there are so many problem dog the temperament is not there

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 01:40:38 pm »
i missed this, and really wanted to watch it  :( going to see if i can find it online  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 02:39:06 pm »
Hi Doganjo but how can you stop two people getting together and breeding there pet dog and then selling the pups with no papers at a cheaper price .I think that half the problem plus they don't know a good bitch from a bad one to breed with .That why there are so many problem dog the temperament is not there
That's why I added - "and legalised" - if the Government would get off their BTMs and do something the puppy farmers and small time unknowledgable people would not be able to sell their pups, nor these so called 'designer' cross breeds that daft folk are paying silly money for.  They don't seem to realise that if you mate a labradoodle to a labradoodle you don't get more labradoodles - you get mongrels and you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what they will turn out like, just like any other mongrel.  It doesn't make them bad dogs, just that they could turn out like Chihuahuas or Great Danes
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

dannidub2000

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Northants
    • Brook Farm Rare Breeds
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:09:15 pm »
Dont forget the irresponsible owners!!
Its forgot these days what Staffies are best at!! Our one is a rehome and shes the best ratter u could ask for. She'd beat 10 jackrussells hands down. Keep this in mind fellow smallholder/ farmers when looking for a new companion. I would recommend a staffie as a great farm dog 100%  ;D
Danni
Brook Farm Rare Breeds
Northants

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:58:37 pm »
I love staffies, such great little personalities.  Pity they sometimes get in the wrong hands though. >:(

dannidub2000

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Northants
    • Brook Farm Rare Breeds
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 08:44:30 am »
It is for sure!!!
Id have a farm full of them if I could!!  :cow:
Danni
Brook Farm Rare Breeds
Northants

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS