Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sunburnt ears on lambs  (Read 3187 times)

JustAfew

• Joined Apr 2017
Sunburnt ears on lambs
« on: June 11, 2017, 01:36:05 pm »
Hi all,

I have a few lambs I am keeping that have sunburnt ears.  I was wondering what I could put on them that won't harm them (or the others won't get harmed if they lick it off, being the bizarre little creatures that they are  :sheep: ).

I do have some factor 50 that I am tempted to try, but thought I would ask you kind folk first. 

They are tame enough to let me put on, so that isn't an issue (well, most are bar the crazy welsh ones lol).... I am Welsh too so I understand them  :roflanim:

I am sure I will have many more questions for you as they get older and more annoying.....  Thank you in advance

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Sunburnt ears on lambs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:25:17 am »
Its just something that happens, if their really bad I'd put Sudocreme on them. As they get older it doesn't seemt o affect them as much. Are there many buttercups in their field? They can make animals that eat them photosensitive

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:38:50 am »
We put factor 50 on horses pink nose, can't see it being a problem for lambs ears

BenBhoy

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Nottinghamshire
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 04:48:34 pm »
Are you sure it's sun burn? Cobalt deficiency  can manifest with scabby ears...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS