Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Young cattle for sale North Cornwall  (Read 1261 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Young cattle for sale North Cornwall
« on: April 14, 2017, 11:00:33 pm »
By the end of the summer we need to reduce our cattle numbers.

I've posted about the three Dexter heifers in Cattle (linky) initially, as we don't know what they're worth.

Also to sell are Flare, red North Devon (Red Ruby) X Jersey heifer calf, born July 2016, reared on her mother (the Jersey) to 7 months.  Well grown, nice heifer, would make great suckler cow or smallholder house cow - should be capable of rearing her own calf and giving milk for the house.  (Her mother was capable of rearing four or even five calves per lactation, two to four/five months then another pair to four months.).  Would also grow on to a decent fat beast, giving delicious marbled meat.

And Banjo, Friesian x Hereford bullock, born July 2016, reared on the Jersey alongside Flare.  Gentle soul, black and white with Hereford markings, will make a good strong beast.  Others of the same breeding and reared the same way (though in Cumbria) have sold as stores for £800-£900 at 13-14 months.

We're relaxed about when these animals go, but do want to plan things so we don't have one calf left on its own and so on, hence advertising so early. 

Will post pics when I get some nice ones taken.

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS