Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lambing live  (Read 3756 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
lambing live
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:18:30 pm »
cant believe there is still people complaing about this programme!!!!
gosh we do abit of farming,smallholding what ever you want to call it and we think we are above everyone and
everything! talk about a bit of pride.
remember pride comes before a fall.
you know there is so much rubbish on tv it hurts sometimes just to sit down and turn it on and then the cost that comes
with having a tv in your home too.
its about time they put good educational programmes on for all the family.
why is it that we are so good and quick to pick out the bad things and comment and not so good to see the good and comment
on that. ;)
Langdon ;)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: lambing live
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:20:47 pm »
We did like it, was a bit sad to see it finish really :D

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:07:27 pm »
I just loved the family, hope we get to see some more of them.

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 11:15:05 am »
I loved it too.  I thought Kate Beavan should have a programme of her own - she's a natural on TV.  However, much to my disappointment I missed the last episode as I went down with one of my two day migraines.  Just hope my Mum remebered to record it for me!! If the ratings were good, perhaps they'll go back there next year!

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 11:38:33 am »
I agree she was very good :) 

Heres the link to theyre bbc page, you can watch it on i player :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pxqv3

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 01:41:10 pm »
Thanks Hellybe, Mum missed the last fifteen minutes - no surprise there but it baffles me how you can be watching something and not know when its finishing!!!!

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 01:44:22 pm »
i missed the last episode too,its amazing that those majority of us who
loved it missed the last episode, i wonder what the others would say to that!!!!!
langdon ;)
Langdon ;)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 07:08:10 pm »
As Helen said we loved it here, I especially thought it was brilliant programming and really dont resent paying my TV license these days - BBC really does us proud IMO (though I would pay my license just to watch the F1!)

I only hope that it was watched and enjoyed by as many people as possible perhaps especially by people who dont have the chance to enjoy lambing time with the joy that it can bring and who perhaps had no idea of what being a meat producer entails.

The one poignant point that I got from the series was the one made at the abattoir by Bevan and then reinforced by Adam when he was asked if he fely some kind of sorrow for the animals he had produced when taken to slaughter - it was the fact that as a producer of meat it make him feel proud of the end product served up to the public.  Knowing that you've done everything to help make a good product to sell at market by the best possible means and in the most ethically and friendly environment.

We should be proud of the way out farmers treat animals as opposed to some other countries that meat is imported from.  I think its great educating people/viewers into realising that meat production is something that needs to be paid for in order to keep standards high.  -  Its not that I want a higher shopping bill for meat - but the prices at market need to be improving for producers.

Ta

Baz

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 09:12:37 pm »
I loved it and so did my 18 yr old son who is a townie at heart normally. I missed the 2nd episode but saw all the others. Great tv IMO

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS