Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: if trading standards come to call..  (Read 2619 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
if trading standards come to call..
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:58:32 am »
Hi, I've seen people mention trading standards visits in several posts and Iwas just wondering what happens when they do? I have horses, pigs and 16 hens. All paperwork is spot on as i'd assume they want to see that but what do they look for? what else do they want to know?

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: if trading standards come to call..
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:18:44 pm »
Hi mine was very straightforward, he looked through all the movement forms etc, medication details etc had a look at the animals, just checking that they were eartagged etc, wasnt so much as trying to catch me out, but more to offer advice and to make sure I keep proper records etc!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:21:04 pm »
thanks Dixie, how long after you get the animals do they generally leave it before they come? do they tell you they are coming?

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »
Depends, I've had sheep for 3 years and pigs for 2, they came last Autumn! Yes I got a call to make an appointment for them to come, but a friend had them just turn up! If theres a problem with a movement form or something then I think thats when they just turn up!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 12:32:30 pm »
cheers. only had the pigs 2.5 weeks so I guess we may have a while to go before they want to inspect. Thanks Helen.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:02 pm »
Had pigs for 8 years and sheep for two; never had an inspection by Trading Standards. Animal Health did come to test sheep for toxoplasmosis as part of the national survey and EHO coming tomorrow about egg sales.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS