Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sale and Return  (Read 6075 times)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: Sale and Return
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 10:46:17 am »
If you have him back what kinda price would you be looking for, pm if necessary.  Always said I wanted some good welsh cross replacement ewe lambs ;)        Jumping the gun I know but hey !

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 11:17:36 am »
I'm a soft touch.  I would take him back for the sake of harmony - but would deduct all costs re travel and time ;) .

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 11:44:45 am »
If they specified a pedigree ram and got one for an agreed price, that's a contract.  If they later state they don't want one with white hairs, when they've have an ample opportunity to inspect him before agreeing the deal, then that's a different contract.  Whatever the reason they've changed their minds I personally would say, politely and with as much charm as I could muster, that he is pedigree and they had every opportunity to inspect him before removing him from your holding, but chose not to, which is not your fault..

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »
I haven't heard any more so keeping my head down! She was not willing to talk much when I tried asking what stock she had so I gave up. She didn't ask for any photos, only breed history and price. I get so fed up having to cover my back because people don't engage their brain before buying.

He was a good ram, easy to handle, threw good lambs (with no white or markings!) and was reasonably priced at £150 inc registration. If I was asking several hundred pounds and selling as prizewinning stock then maybe I could have understood her disappointment but I hadn't even advertised him, she was obviously in a hurry to buy something. I will be more careful in future.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 06:59:48 pm »
I feel like that you should tell them to go away. BUT the only time I had a complaint I took it back even though it cost me 1/2 a day and was not my fault in any way.

I had sold sheep to new sheep keepers with the promise of phone support and even a visit if needed. A few months went by and I heard from them, not happy. I went out to find one ewe down, thin, and in a generally sorry state. The others were fine and running around with their lambs. I bought her back at the price she had left me in good condition months earlier and given the state of her offered (very firmly) to buy back the other two (which was refused). Gave any advice I could and left. They never cashed my cheque - perhaps they were too embarrassed.

At least if you take him back no one can say anything against you.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 06:57:35 pm »
I haven't heard any more so keeping my head down! She was not willing to talk much when I tried asking what stock she had so I gave up. She didn't ask for any photos, only breed history and price.
I agree with you - heads down.  If they were serious they would have been back in touch by now.

He was a good ram, easy to handle, threw good lambs (with no white or markings!) and was reasonably priced at £150 inc registration. If I was asking several hundred pounds and selling as prizewinning stock then maybe I could have understood her disappointment but I hadn't even advertised him, she was obviously in a hurry to buy something.
I think she was chancing her mit.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS