Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Miniature silver appleyard egg colour  (Read 2655 times)

Amysidwells

• Joined Aug 2011
Miniature silver appleyard egg colour
« on: March 27, 2013, 04:10:16 pm »
Hi can anyone tell me what color eggs miniature silver appleyard ducks should lay?
I've been told creamy white by some and a greeny color by others! Or can they be either?
One lady told me her appleyards some lay the white and some lay the greeny color. It's just really confused me.

Thanks

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Miniature silver appleyard egg colour
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:46 pm »
Mine are large appleyards and lay big white eggs. I guess they're not the same solid white as chicken eggs so they may look a bit greenish but really not very, just a slightly transluscent white. Actually normally they're really mucky so I only see the colour after a good clean so I probably never get the true, unscrubbed version. Even after I've cleaned them out and given them piles of fresh bedding (and they do always lay in their house before I let them out in the morning), they still manage to make it look as though they've been rolling them around in the mud for days  :thinking:

H

happy hen

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:27:14 pm »
I have kept mini silver appleyards for about 5 years now, only ever had olive / sage green eggs. Hard colour to describe ! I will try and upload a picture

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »
Our large fowl silver appleyards have just come in to lay - I think they are all laying white but as they are in a pen with some khakis that lay a mixture of white and 'duck egg blue' its hard to entirely sure just now!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS