Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: National Fallen Stock Company  (Read 6156 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
National Fallen Stock Company
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:01:07 pm »
Just wanted to highlight this WONDERFUL organisation. We've been so utterly ripped off at very emotional times with local 'disposal' people. We were charged £40 for a two month old ewe lamb and £65 for a wether over the last few years both of which we delivered to the knackers yard which is a horrible place to visit anyway. The average price for a ewe disposal with FSC is £17 (collected) We've been told to expect to pay a max of around £10 each for our four lambs.
Check them out. They also advise contacting your local hunt for disposal if you have one. Our skinny babies wouldn't have been of much use unfortunately.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: National Fallen Stock Company
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »
I'm glad that average price matches about what I paid last year:   £18 for a ewe collected by Vale of Glamorgan Hunt Kennels (very prompt too).

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »
Agree, NFSCo does a good job, as do our other local collectors, think being in a livestock area avoids some of the rip offs that happen further south.
Have always found the drivers courteous and sensitive too, so much so that I have registered with them for horses too (no hunts up here) in case I decide against burial of my big old chap when he goes. (Would prefer him to go to kennels as he adored hunting but there arent any up here!)

CaroleBulmer

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Barrington, Somerset
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 03:30:58 pm »
It is free to join the NFSC at the moment, I understand that they invoice you approx on the 14th of each month following the month which you had any collections in - their telephone number is 08450548888 - they dont employ drivers directly,  each area of the country being covered by different companies, most of which operate a "private" scheme as well for those that do not like DD and prefer to pay either up front or by cheque on account

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:07 pm »
One aspect of the DD thats good is it means (i) you dont have to watch if you dont want to and (ii) you dont have to stay in to wait for them, they will collect and leave the paperwork. Which can be a help for some people if the circumstances are distressing or they work full or part time.

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »
I use them but only at lambing or if Im busy and need stock collecting. Our hunt is cheaper at 15 quid per ewe and a tenner per lamb. However NFSCo work out cheaper at lambing (15 quid per sack of lambs).

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »
I think I should keep quiet :-\ our local Company charged us 60p (inc vat) when we delivered a 6 week old lamb.

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 10:12:21 pm »
If I have the odd, young, untagged lamb, both the hunt and the NFSCo guy will have them for nothing (although the NFSCo guy does have to be visiting me for something else, like)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS