Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fleece weaving  (Read 5194 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: fleece weaving
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »
Similar to the ones I used to make but mine were smoother.  Yours look a lovely texture and very cuddly.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 07:00:02 pm »
Looking at them gave me a thought I wonder what one would be like done with wenselydale fleece? Sorry my brain is most definately in design mode today ::)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 07:16:24 pm »
Very interesting post, full of inspiration. Cant wait for the shearer to come!! We usually let him take the fleeces to put in with his.( yes I know 'native shetland fleeces' but worth bugger all in a captive market)  I really must not waste them this year.

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »
YorkshireLass, that is great, I loveit and the coloursm :thumbsup:

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 04:00:34 pm »
Thank you!  ;D

The colours are Hebridean, Shropshire, and the brown is a mutant red Heb ram lamb, who has so far escaped the abbatoir  ;)

The Heb was very coarse and quite short and tufty, as was the Shropshire, the mutant ginger was/is a much nicer fleece. Is it too late to castrate and keep him...?  ::)

PS - tried needle felting to take away the tuftiness/shedding, didn't quite work...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS