Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: your ideal life  (Read 3919 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
your ideal life
« on: February 15, 2009, 07:20:46 pm »
what is your ideal life ?
are you currently lifing it or aspire to it.......

i would live in the middle of nowhere, decent tv aerial ,video,dvd's etc and phone line and my computer.

a couple of chickens , possible some sheep, a bigggggggggggggg veg patch.
A library of lots of books

and a house that could fit my family and hobbies

this would be my ideal world
edit

alternative energy sources (like solar panels and wind turbines) and my own water supply

even possible a center for alternatives (like the one in north wales )
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:48:53 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

rustyme

Re: your ideal life
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:46:39 pm »
Good one Linz,
                 in many ways I live the life I want to, with a few bits I would rather not have , and a few bits I would rather I did have  !!
       I have the land , six acres, and that is set in a very quiet valley  at the end of a 350 yard track. I would like more but looks like I will have to make do . I have now got a good sized veggie plot on it, and can make it as big as I want . I will have an area for growing grains this year too. So all my veggie and grain needs are covered. I have just about sorted somewhere to do all the woodwork and metalwork I want to do . I also have enough willow growing now to supply all my needs. I am very near to being able to supply all the food I need for the animals I want too . I have 3 horses and will be getting some pigs, sheep,a couple of cows and some chickens . I will then be self reliant on supplying all my own food and that for the animals . I will have to rent a bit of land to grow enough hay, but that will be easy enough to sort out. I already have somewhere in the region of 2000 books and god knows how many in ebook or pdf form , so I limit myself to how many I get now.   So all in all I am living the life I want .

cheers

Russ

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »
Same as yours, Liz (some hens to accompany my ducks) - without the current money worries! Otherwise I'm nearly there...:&>

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:00:56 am »
I think we are living it mostly!  4.5 acres, cattle, goats, sheep, pigs, hens and ducks, lovely house, beautiful surroundings and good health.
I suppose the icing on the cake would be to loose the mortgage and to have a couple of other people here to share the work a bit!

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:28:24 am »
Exactly what we have now with just a little more money.   

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:34:16 am »
I am living my dream life, the only thing I wish is that it continues as it is now! I would like any money worries to be taken care of (and we have plenty of those) but am totally satisfied with my life. We used to live in a very large house in a village on the edge of bath, sold up and moved abroad, came back and started again 5 yrs ago with nothing. When you sit in a house but actually have no furniture, no pictures , no belongings other than the clothes in your suitcases and 5 children it is not a nice experience to go through. So I consider us to be extremly fortunate. 4 children now ( 2 moved away but son born since) in small 3 bed detatched cottage. (pink) not big or grand but perfect and for the first time in the last 7 yrs we are all truly happy!!  :D :D
juliag

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:11:41 am »
similar to now, but no credit crunch, less mud, more sunshine and more than 24 hours in a day.also to be able to own a bit of deciduos woodland.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 10:52:44 am »
We are currently aspiring to about 6 acres, we have a plan on how to get it in about 5ish years time so hopefully everything will fall into place! currently looking to buy our first house together hopefully we will have room for a small veg patch and maybe a chicken or three to get us started!  ;D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 11:05:45 am »
I think I am almost there now. I think if you are in good health and are happy with your way of life then that is what's important. Money would be nice but it does not make you happy and sometimes working to achieve something brings you more reward.  :)

SmallHolder

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 06:45:22 pm »
My Dream life:
1000 Acres of Quad trails
A quad of every kind
100 Acres farm Land.

Buut my ideal life would be (If i wasnt counting my 115 acres)
8 Acres, Goats,Sheep,Ducks,Horses,Alpacas,Hens.
Nice Small kubota loader tractor with cab and front loader.
A Nice sized house.
A Big pond. (About 1-2 Acres)
A few Nice quads and big garage for me to Modify and build stuff.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS