Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 Light Sussex Cockerals- free to good home or donate to Earthquake Fund!!  (Read 2554 times)

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
Hi, I have two light sussex cockerals.... with the cutest little 'cockaddodle's  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy to give them free to good home, or for a small donation to the Earthquake fund.

These two boys may not be of the heavy variety, they look sort of large bantom size. They are just starting to reach maturity, 5mths old! dont appear to be aggressive- they 'fight' by glaring at eachother !!  :chook: :chook: :chook:
They have rose combs....if that makes a difference!!!
I am just north of Dundee...
Emma T
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
I have a couple of cockerels going spare too, as do a few other people. I was told recently by a friend that he takes his unwanted boys to a slaughter house in Cupar where they are dealt with and oven ready for £5 per bird. I envy people who can do this themselves, I can't, so this seems a good option. I'd need quite a few to justify the cost of the diesel to Cupar though!
Just a thought!
 ;)

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
Sussex supper anyone ?  :o :o :o
ET
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
boil em bake em stick em in a stew??  We haven't yet had to dispatch any of our and am not looking forward to it but it will certainly be cheaper to do it ourselves x :yum:

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
I've got about a dozen here just getting to a nice size for the oven. Mmmmmmm............chicken........... ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS