Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost Facebook connection, whats happened?  (Read 3823 times)

Sandy

Lost Facebook connection, whats happened?
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:43:41 pm »
I have recently been "chatting" a lot on facebook due to a daughter living in Austraila and me with not 2 pennies too rub together to phone, plus the fact as a B&B we do tend to get distractions, anyway, I was haveing a heated talk with her a few days ago and the whole internet went off, thats sorted now, nothing too bad but last night, I got logged out and could not get back in to Facebook, cannot re set the password or anything and Facebook is my line to my freinds and family, as well as this forum of course. I also have a few people on here on my facebook so IF, you think I have done it on purpose, I just cannot get back in to it at the moment opr re register. So now I am unable to connect with quite a few people. Anyone got ideas other than ringing them up!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Lost Facebook connection, whats happened?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:58:58 pm »
HI Sandy, 2 days ago I got logged off of Fb and couldtn' get back on. I found that if I entered my password and made sure I don't tick the 'keep me logged on' I could get back in. maybe try this way if you've not already. otherwise eek, not sure! hope you get it sorted soon - I'd be lost without FB  :-\
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

belgianblue

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »
don't worry, your not the only one either, :) i think it something to do with egypt protests  own and shutting down the network, just my theory

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 03:18:53 pm »
Well, its left me worried now as my daughter will think I have some off on purpose and I doubt she will talk to me again :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 03:59:48 pm »
Of course she won't, Sandy!  it might be something to do with Egypt, but equally I know of people having been thrown off when the new FB profile was installed.  It's being rolled out across the board.  Try again and you may get through but if not just register again.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 04:18:31 pm »
it may well be connected to Egypt , but don't forget that there are protests in Manchester and London today 29th , and the police will have been watching facebook, as most people arrange their meetings via FB.,
(You may also find that mobile phone signals are a bit iffy today too !!!). So they most likely switched it off , or made it crash ...one or t'other.  They did it in Australia a year or so back . Switched off all internet to private and commercial use , only government sites were working . They were testing to see if they could do it ...have you tried Skype Sandy ? £5 for a handset and then free calls over the net . It isn't perfect but it is better than nowt .

cheers

Russ

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
That may be the case then, I wondered , just not ready to skype as yet, too difficult emotionaly, I have all the stuff and can do it and will but not now!!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »
just an idea - accidental Caps Lock?

Happened to me before...  :&>

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »
I am still logged in on my laptop so thats fine for now and I may well have left cap lock on to put my password in when it pushed me out, I cannot reset the password yet though. My brother says that Facebook having some problems anyway due to the amout of traffic and thier new equiptment or something, The main comp I am on is not having any of Faceebook, and the e mails from people are going into the spam folder, cannot go on links either well, thanks all!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:57:35 pm by Sandy »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »
I've been on facebook on and off all day with no problems.  Maybe it's just the caps lock.  Your password will be the same whether on the laptop or main machine so you shouldn't have to reset it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 09:24:57 pm »
Its fine on the laptop but will not work on here, I just cannot log in at all or go on other links, all I can think of is the security is stopping it due to my excessive use until 2 in the morn......

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »
it shouldn't be a prob on main computer if it is ok on laptop....

think it may be capslock left on ;)

Sandy

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »
Well I Finlay was able to re set it this morning, strangely I could not re set the password before it just crashed, now I am fine and up and running.....I have one word....POLTERGIEST.........with clumsy fingers ;)

Sandy

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »
Thats funny, I lost the internet first when I used chat to my daughter in Austrailia, then the next day we had some heated discussions via Facebook messages and I got logged out and not able to get back in so she left the conversation, I then went onto the laptop and all was well but the main one could not be reset or the password put in, then today, I was able to do everything but did change the password then, it logged out when me and my daughter sorted things out, I was able this time to re connect but its strange that it only happens then, is it something to do with Austrailia I wonder??????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 02:36:51 am »
Possibly - hope Amanda is safe from the floods over there.  Could be water in the wires?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS