Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 1611 times)

George76

• Joined Jun 2023
Saying hello
« on: June 04, 2023, 07:26:38 pm »
Hi, I'm george, along with my parter laura, and wee boy Jobe, we embarked on a sheep journey 4 years ago, we've an acre at home and a further 5 rented further afield, 20 pet sheep plus this years lambs ,a few beehives(not ours, we let friends keep them on our land) looking forward to picking peoples brains on various topics.....oh and based in County Durham, gods country
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 09:43:31 am by George76 »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Saying hello
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 10:33:28 pm »
Hi George  :wave:

I used to be across the country from you, in Cumbria just north of Hadrian's Wall.  Been back down in the SW nearly 7 years now, never stopped missing summer the decade I was up there! 

What sort of sheep have you got? 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 08:29:31 am »
Been back down in the SW nearly 7 years now, never stopped missing summer the decade I was up there! 
Is it really seven years?  :o

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 08:30:40 am »
Anyway, hello and welcome, [member=227362]George76[/member] from cool and dry ( :( ) Carnoustie  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 04:30:19 pm »
Been back down in the SW nearly 7 years now, never stopped missing summer the decade I was up there! 
Is it really seven years?  :o

I know!  Impossible to believe isn't it!  But yes, October 12th 2016 I moved back down.  10 years all but 4 days since I moved up! 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS