Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Incuabators - changing What to choose???  (Read 1485 times)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Incuabators - changing What to choose???
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:14 am »
Hi all - I am thinking of changing my incubator for several smaller ones as I intend to hatch a selection of types of poultry this coming year

What are everyones thoughts on makes and models, Successes and Failures Pros and cons etc.

All input gratefully received

All the best
Sue
Dark Brown Eggs
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Incuabators - changing What to choose???
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:24:22 am »
Hi. I've answered you in your other post re incubator.

;)

bamford6

Re: Incuabators - changing What to choose???
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:33 am »
get an incubater that has 4 or 5 draws then have week 1 to 4 or 5 keep the umidatey low so when they hatch it will balance out .i use this metherd and hatch in a hova bater wich is set at 99 deg.the chick tec has 4 draws and holds 40 eggs in each .so i put 1 pen 4 hens and cock bird eggs from the week in and so on .so at the end off the week its full off whot pen i use .i have 58 pens at the moment with rare breeds when they are in full swing i can have just over 200 eggs in 1 day .i sell a full incubater for 80 pounds thats 2 or 3 eggs out off each pen .or you can have egg layers or ducks geese or qual .for the small incubater its 10 pounds .hatch about 500 a month finish august .have naw 100 qual to sell 100 black rocks and 50 bantams mixt breed to go november and thats it

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS