Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Misty has an ultrasound on Saturday....  (Read 2029 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Misty has an ultrasound on Saturday....
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:04:01 am »
She is my adored working cocker.... I CANNOT wait!  I mated her on New Years Day with this boy http://www.champdogs.co.uk/dog/46251  I had spent several years debating whether to breed her (she is 5 and had an accidental spanador litter in 2012) .  The deciding factor being that, having lost my "once in a lifetime" sprollie in 2013 I really missed having a "brownie" in the house and that he'd never bred.  He had prostate cancer at 5 so was neutered but went on to live until 20. 

I realised that Misty has such a wonderful temperament I want some of that to live on and stay with me (assuming I outlive her!)

The sire has 16 litters and 16 matings so I am hopeful...... I am on TENTERHOOKS!!  This is Misty with her "Waggiest Tail Herts and Essex Show" rosette... she sweeps the board in that category every time, she is such a happy dog  :)

I am however ASTONISHED by the difference in Ultrasound costs,  My vet said £180, pets at home were £74 and this is a veterinary nurse who comes to your house with her own equipment, sends you a photo and video and is £35!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:06:25 am by Kitchen Cottage »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Misty has an ultrasound on Saturday....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:53:47 am »
She looks lovely. Fingers crossed em for good results  :fc:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 10:56:00 am »
How exciting  :excited:

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 11:07:54 am »
Eak!!!! Ours costs £15 and you get a little print of the scan to take home! If they see no pups on the first scan you get a free 2nd scan.
Its very exciting, I'm on constant tummy/ nipple watch for any changes, good luck and paws crossed for a nice healthy litter.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »
Get a hold of someone who does sheep scanning - much more accurate, and cheaper.  My chappie charges £20
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS