Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ifor Williams canopy  (Read 6875 times)

GOSfarm

• Joined Nov 2020
Ifor Williams canopy
« on: August 09, 2022, 09:52:38 am »
Does anyone know how you fit an Ifor Williams canopy onto an ISUZU RODEO 04 truck which has a load liner. I think you have to drill through the plastic liner but can’t seem to find any videos online and I’m buying it second hand so doesn’t come with any instructions…
Am I also right in thinking you have to have the rear cab brake light disabled?

Badger Nadgers

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Derbyshire/North Staffs
Re: Ifor Williams canopy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 03:40:11 pm »
On a 2006 Ford Ranger, you need holes in the load liner for the jbolts to go through.  They obviously go through the slotted brackets that are on the canopy first.

I assume on your Rodeo there is a high level brake light on the back of the passenger compartment.  You might need to remove that for it to fit if it pushes the canopy too far back.  There are different canopy versions where there is a ladder rack to the back of the cab.   IW reckon the high level brake light needs to be inactive, possible because the canopy might reflect the red light forward which is a no-go. The previous owner of mine had also trimmed the outside flange at the bottom (I think he might have had some protruding bolts to work around from when he had shutter on the back).

There is an IW canopy and dimensions guide that I will attach.  Also one which lists the canopy numbers that are attached to the side so if you see one at auction you can check if it fits your model.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 03:58:01 pm by Badger Nadgers »

GOSfarm

• Joined Nov 2020
Re: Ifor Williams canopy
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:47:33 am »
Hi thanks so much. Yes there’s a high level brake light. I’ll have a look at the guides thanks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS