Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ecoglow has stopped working!!  (Read 2032 times)

KahlanA

• Joined Mar 2015
Ecoglow has stopped working!!
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:56:26 am »
Argh!!!

I have four pekin bantams under an ecoglow, the light is on but it has stopped working!! :( it's cold to touch. They're 4 and a half weeks old, is there anything else I could use instead as I'd rather not get a new one. Or any method to try and fix? Thank you

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Re: Ecoglow has stopped working!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:14:01 am »
Hi there.... this is from an earlier post I did.... hope it helps!

I have in the past brooded small numbers under an ordinary light bulb in a cardboard box in the house.  However I am not sure if this would work with modern energy saving bulbs.  I simply taped down one top flap of the box and fitted a lamp fitting through a hole in this flap.  The other half of the box had a wire grid above it and the food and water were in this side.  I have reared at least 2 broods successfully .... one of quail and one of bantams.  Good luck with them, any questions come back to me.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:33:16 pm by nimbusllama »

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »
are they in the house? if they are, they will probably be ok without heat at 4 1/2 weeks? Are they huddling in the brooder?

Carey boy

• Joined May 2014
  • Caernarfon, North Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 04:47:01 pm »
Put a hot water bottle in with them till you get it fixed.

Dave

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:30:14 am »
B and Q plastic box heat lamp fitting and a hole half way up saw dust .Works as a hospital box .Remember a bulb will onley last a short term .A ceramic heat lamp bulb is a must .     http://www.google.co.uk/#q=ceramic+heat+lamp+bulb&tbm=shop&spd=3524949946291319954

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 01:05:19 pm »
Mine are off heat at three weeks old.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS