Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the last post.  (Read 14852 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: the last post.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 09:39:26 pm »
[quote author=deepinthewoods link=topic=32698.msg3280

it was really noticable to me, that when one of the members here was being threatened with eviction, and had nowhere to go,  the only people who offered any help, were the ones who owned no land of their own. that sort of said it all. how many acres between all the members? not one offered a pitch up. i really couldnt believe that.

its ok to be rich, its ok to have land, but if youve lost all humanity, what is the point?

Sorry DITW but I thought this was a forum where we all share our knowledge (or lack of) and opinions, I didn't realise that obliged me to take in other members and their animals. How many of us and our circumstances do you actually know that you can make a comment like that.
What I have has come from years of scrimping and saving and hard work, I am sure there are MANY others on here just like me.
In your world people may share there last fag or beer but in my world these are things we forgo to pay for the things that matter to us.
Anne

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »
Well Deep the best of luck with whatever you do.

We shared our differences on this forum, as everyone has a right to thier opinion.

As far as it's OK to be rich...wealth isn't easily got, you have to put the time in or win ot on the lottery.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »
I don't know of anyone else who would want to bad mouth Rosemary.  She is one of the fairest and hard-working people I know - both on here and personally.  So for that reason, as well as some other reasons there is no need to delve into now, 

You write as if you have a huge chip on your shoulder.  Try to get rid of it.  Just remember this is not a dress rehearsal and it is good to be good to others.

As for you and Plums - none of my business but if it's true I hope she keeps her head screwed on.

I am happy this is your last post DITW.

Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
Sorry to read that you are leaving us.  Whilst I have not always agreed with you, it has been interesting to hear another point of view ;)
For the record, my tiny acres were earned through over 35 years of full time shift work in public service, commuting for 3+ hours a day, no holidays for 10 years, no fags, and buying mainly charity shop clothes - so please don't judge me.  And I still have a massive mortgage.  We all make our own choices in life :-* , be happy.

Tregwyr

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »
I read DITWs posts re the bedroom tax. As you know, I am new on here. I was surprised and appalled at the aggression in some of his comments, to the extent that I had a look at some previous posts. I almost wrote to Rosemary and Dan to ask how someone who could be so personal and vitriolic could be a moderator, but then was concerned that if I did, I would have him or someone like him, down on me like a tonne of bricks. Please can we keep this forum friendly - comments like criticising prices for pork, criticising people's choices of animals for sale etc, make newbies feel incredibly uncomfortable and wonder whether we will be slated for asking a question. Fingers crossed this post doesn't result in abuse... :fc: :surrender: :surrender:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:56 pm »
Cripes - I only ever "spoke" to DITW about cucumbers!! Sorry to hear there's been so much other stuff going on.

I miss so much on here 'cos I only read posts about lambs, chickens, knitting and cukes.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:28 pm »
So long mate, I will miss you on here. Fortunately in real life my aim is better ;)

See you soon  :hug:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:11 pm »
Hell that is a shame, i really liked your posts, and shared a lot of your concerns regarding monsanto etc.  i wonder if i can track you down elsewhere. . . . i have a feeling i know you somewhere else but never got round to asking.   :-[
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 12:06:13 am »
I'll miss you,Dave, even if I don't always agree with you, but I'm sure I'll be able to keep up with the petitions via Facebook.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 06:44:15 am »
... to the extent that I had a look at some previous posts. I almost wrote to Rosemary and Dan to ask how someone who could be so personal and vitriolic could be a moderator, but then was concerned that if I did, I would have him or someone like him, down on me like a tonne of bricks.

Please do report anything in future that you have concerns about. We can't read everything on the forum and I haven't even glanced at the thread you mentioned. And there is no immunity for moderators, so please have confidence that we'd try to act appropriately whatever the circumstance. If you're worried about your report being seen by a mod please just PM me or Rosemary.  :)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 07:06:22 am »
Dave will be missed , For those that have never met him I can tell you , he is a devoted and caring father to his wonderful daughter Ellie, His passionate belief in the support of the underdog and hatred of injustice in this world has to be admired, I'm proud to call him a friend even when he's being a royal pain in the arse.
As for running away with Plumbs ! he will have to join the queue ......

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 08:03:20 am »
I read DITWs posts re the bedroom tax. As you know, I am new on here. I was surprised and appalled at the aggression in some of his comments, to the extent that I had a look at some previous posts. I almost wrote to Rosemary and Dan to ask how someone who could be so personal and vitriolic could be a moderator, but then was concerned that if I did, I would have him or someone like him, down on me like a tonne of bricks. Please can we keep this forum friendly - comments like criticising prices for pork, criticising people's choices of animals for sale etc, make newbies feel incredibly uncomfortable and wonder whether we will be slated for asking a question. Fingers crossed this post doesn't result in abuse... :fc: :surrender: :surrender:

As a newbie I think this forum is moderated really well .... There is freedom of speech / opinions ... But if someone is not being polite they are told

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 09:05:55 am »
 I totally back your comments Tregwyr ... I too am relatively new .... I followed that thread with growing horror.... and nearly stopped my daily visit to the forum.  Forums are for discussion and support not vindictive personal outbursts ... I also take offence to BITW comments on us all .........  you do not have any idea as to our personal circumstances or how close any of us are to losing it all .. or for that matter if we are disabled and about to pay bedroom tax...   I look forward to a forum full of support, information and discussion .... please regular 'oldies' remember how your comments affect any newbies dropping in for some well needed support /  advice for their small holding venture.
Linda

Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 12:01:41 pm »
It's always sad when people leave forums, especially when they've had interesting and maybe at times, controversial views. I've seen it happen on a couple of forums I've been on but I suppose that's life in that not everyone is going to agree on everything all of the time. I come on here to share my experiences, to seek advice and to have a giggle at the jokes. I don't think I've been offended by anyone. DITW I hope that you have a good life, doing what you enjoy x
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 12:14:15 pm »
running a forum can be a daunting task..i know ! i run one  :eyelashes:
Ive never met any of you, but you all seem like a great bunch, and there are bound to be cross wires,
if we were all the same, forums would be boring :relief:

as much as i love talking politics... politics has its place,,.sometimes its best left off of forums, when people don't really know each other...different circumstances causes different beliefs ,

Being a moderator holds a responsibility to the site, you need to have the ability to sit on the fence, even when you don't always agree with what someone's views are, yet be able to step in when it gets personal and stop things getting out of hand...

always sad to see someone who enjoyed a site leave, but ! at the end of the day..if you are not happy with a forum, site ,club..the best thing is to either leave, or take a step back.

good luck to you for the future,

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS