Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats for sale x3 need gone asap  (Read 4289 times)

Amysidwells

• Joined Aug 2011
Goats for sale x3 need gone asap
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:15:04 am »
I have 3 goats for sale. 2 castrated and 1 billy. Came from a milking farm. 14 months old. All really friendly  :goat: there use to all other animals and children. Sad to see them go. Need to sell ASAP as lost our land £60 each.
07707 124 299. Staffordshire area. St19.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Goats for sale x3 need gone asap
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:49 am »
Pictures,breed, etc would be helpful :)

Amysidwells

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:29:51 pm »
Sorry couldn't work out how to add pictures earlier.
Believe there Saanen ( white) and toggenburg (brown) we got them from a milking farm near by. More for pets really

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:41:24 pm »
Nice looking goats and close to me shame I'm not looking for goats at the moment, you must be close to rodbaston college?

Amysidwells

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 01:46:02 pm »
Yes not to far from there

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »
I take it the photos are not recent, but they do look a bit on the thin side?

To be honest I would think you will be struggling to sell an entire male and two castrates for anything other than meat.... sorry. They have no breeding value and with hay prices sky-high not many takers for pets around. And then probably not for 60 pounds each.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:51 am »
amy if you're struggling, why not try a farm park near you, or sometimes people just want to show examples of certain breeds of goats, you may get lucky, but like Anke says .......  :-\
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Derby_menagerie

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Derby
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 12:58:20 pm »
Hi, I'm looking for a few male kids to raise for meat, any chance on a lead on the dairy farm? (Is it the one at Stone?) Also I can second the park farm, someone dumped a billy in my yard, he was in a sorry state so we feed him up for a few weeks before he went off to a park farm, I could try and dig out the details, it was over here near derby thou, just at the end of the A50 thou!

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 01:03:22 pm »
Is the toggenburg the entire one? and is he registered? I'm in the market for a BT billy at the moment as I'm going to have three girls that need serving this autumn,,,,

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 03:51:14 pm »
Ben if you are aiming for good milk production it would be wise to check any pedigree breeders in your area and ask for a spare male from a good milking line. I will probably have a few from milk-recorded dams and section mark males, but I am too far away.

I am not sure if it would be economical if you keep a male with only three females to serve though. If you sponge them to come into season at the same time, you can then have one journey to the billy. I have done that in the past and it worked well.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:24 pm »
Sorry to derail thread, but would a kid from this spring be ready to work in the autumn/winter?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 05:02:36 pm »
Yes, not on the same day for three girls though, and you may have to provide some "step" for the boy.... ;D , but he will be keen and able...

I used a GG male kid last year on  BT goatling, and it worked with using the step into the shed (girl outside backed up to step, ... repeated the mating this autumn and no help was required... ;D

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 08:37:11 pm »
ben if you still have mums number give her a ring she may be able to help ......if not shout and i will pm it to you

she has not started kidding yet but is taking provisional bookings for males & females
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS