Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Favourite advert, or those you detest.  (Read 10738 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Favourite advert, or those you detest.
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:59:37 am »
My new favourite adverts have to be the one for Spitfire beer with Alexander Armstrong and Ben Miller as the 2 RAF pilots. They are just so funny, they cheer me up no end. I know I must sound a real saddo starting a discussion about adverts, and I expect that there will be more "detests" than loves.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Favourite advert, or those you detest.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:05 am »
I love those done by Specsavers.
There is the shepherd shearing his sheep who shears his dog by mistake. The astronauts who land at Luton airport instead of the US and the latest one where the vet thinks the cat has no pulse when in fact he is looking at a fur hat.  :roflanim: :roflanim:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »
I love ALL the Irn Bru ones...so funny....Fiery Irn Bru advert

.not keen on any insurance ones at all!

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 01:02:25 pm »
I detest them all. Why does anyone watch them?

The commercial TV channels are mostly nothing more than drivel to fill the gaps between the adverts.

Acres of commercial channels on Freesat etc. that are just endless repeats of Father Ted, Grand Designs and Cheers etc so that they can just fill peoples living rooms with more advertising for cra*p that you never need. Billions spent on smelly synthetic air fresheners whilst much of the world starves!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 01:04:35 pm by henchard »

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 01:34:42 pm »
Adverts are what Sky+ was made for    ;)    Although I do love the Specsavers sheepdog one - that was done with CGI by the way, the lovely collie wasn't sheared  :)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 01:45:53 pm »
CGI ? who is that?
I hate commercials in the middle of films or programmes but then you can nip to make a drink etc., not that we actually watch too much TV. Funny thing is I get transfixed to the shopping channels, amazed at how much crap they can say about a machine made jumper or a set of plastic beads, mind you, I do fancy the steam cleaner :innocent:

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 02:27:55 pm »
CGI ? who is that?

Computer Generated Imagery

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »
 :thumbsup: , mind you, we all need an escape from reality, I stopped buying magazines as some are packed with adverts but then they have a place in peoples live too, since I have got older I miss those free little books with aids in them :innocent:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 03:30:25 pm »
Specsavers Faro ad - yes.

All the old Hamlet ones - yes.

The ad that first had 'Caledonia' in it - can't remember the ad though  :roflanim:

The one with a mum with a bulging cleavage and the embarrassed son plus two friends - can't remember what that's advertising either  :roflanim:

The early meercat ones but not since they produced rubbish meercat toys.

The insurance one with the HORRIBLE twizzle-'tashed bloke - HATE them.  I do like the way they cashed in on the fact everyone hated him so now he's being bumped off in every advert  :thumbsup:

The ancient alien Smash ads, which most of you are probably too young to remember - like them and hate them  ???

Just about every other ad anywhere - HATE THEM  :rant: :rant:

"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 03:52:05 pm »
Specsaver shearing one always amuses me. Used to like the 'You've been Tangoed' ones. Guiness and Stella Artois although not so good of later years. Irn Bru ones are fabulous-cleavage one is so funny. Used to like the Cinzano ones with Leonard Rossiter and Joan Collins. The Honda one with all the transport in from car through to power boat to hot air balloon and the moustachioed man mouthing the song words all the way through (what was the song?) Levi's one with guy removing his clothing in the laundrette (Can't think why  :innocent: ) The Cola (or was it Pepsi) ad with the ladies going gaga over the window cleaner. (ditto last bracketted comment...)
Hate: All compensation, insurance ads trainline ads (DREADFUL) and 118 118 ones -would like to see those two gentlemen come to a sticky end.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 03:58:31 pm »
Forgot the Famous Grouse ones.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 03:59:21 pm »
The one with a mum with a bulging cleavage and the embarrassed son plus two friends - can't remember what that's advertising either  :roflanim:
That's another Irn Bru one, they are all ace adverts.

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »
I really hate the wonga advert in fact so much so I even hate people using the word wonga now

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 06:13:06 pm »
I hate the tri va go one about the hotel in Barcelona and whether it has a swimming pool. It's always on and I will drown the two smug characters in the ad in the swimming pool.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »
The  tri va go  and Wonga adverts annoy me big time, along with the Bingo ones..... :rant:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS