Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Buff or speckled sussex hens in Shropshire.  (Read 2045 times)

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
Buff or speckled sussex hens in Shropshire.
« on: February 21, 2015, 09:54:03 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for  Speckled or Buff Sussex laying or POL hen in Shropshire. Would consider any large fowl, dual purpose hen that has a tendency to going broody but these are the bird by OH would really like. ;D

Thanks,
Kate

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Buff or speckled sussex hens in Shropshire.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »
I have a couple of 2014 Speckled Sussex hens that are part of a large order for POLs placed last Autumn.  The buyer is very keen on Laced Wyandottes so may want most of the order made up of that breed, in which case the SS will be available.  They are home bred and raised.  I should hear more by the end of this week.  We're in NE Herefordshire.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »
That sounds good. Let me know  :)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:20:16 am »
Buyer has now decided to increase the order by 40%, which is going to take all my spare stock.  I'll be setting eggs as soon as we finish lambing and, if all goes well, should have hatching eggs, chicks and growers available as we get towards summer.  The flock is closed and the SS a good utility strain and very well marked.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:20:51 pm »
Please let me know when you have some growers, would be very interested. :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS