Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Remember?  (Read 25789 times)

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Re: Remember?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 07:44:28 pm »
Lol Annie the correct answer would be, Who are you?  ;D

Been there, done that with my Mum.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 07:48:31 pm »
It's something I dread my children having to contend with.  I have always had a bad memory but I would hate to be a burden to them
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 09:14:05 pm »
I can understand your feeling like that Annie, i did too but having Mum live with us stops me worrying about her when she was on her own and I class her being with us as a blessing.

Sometimes she can be very funny with her forgetting and we all have a good laugh and now that there are 4 generations of us living together I believe we all gain.

Im lucky in that when day to day caring becomes too much for me/us we can afford carers and nurses to come in and help so we dont fear the furture either.  :)

I hope when its my turn that my kids have learnt enough about valueing people that they will care for me as they have seen me care for their grandma.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »
Have 'lost' a close friend to this awful condition, aged only 58 when he was admitted to the hospital...now he is just a vegetable with no power of speech, recollection or any form of communication...terrible to see...two close friends and I still visit him every month and spend the time reminiscing about 'the good old days' when he was well and 'one of the guys'...we are always upset and angry that he should end his days this way, but we do have fond memories of better days gone by...........Cheers Bob here's to you mate...we still love you!

Farmer,  :farmer:

(Sorry gang...makes me a little emotional...)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 10:52:47 pm »
Don't worry, Farmer, we understand.  I certainly do - have lost my two best ever friends to accidents - my husbands.  I get emotional sometimes too, time does help there is no doubt about that.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 03:24:28 am »
Its a god awful desease Farmer and one I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy. It is a credit to you that you visit.

I remember an old man being asked (not by me) why he visited his wife everyday in the nursing home when she clearly couldnt remember who he was and he replied, "She may not remember who I am but I remember who she is."

That sentance by that man I think sums up dementia. We lose the people we love by inches, oh bodily they are still there but everything we love and know about them goes.

Personally I am hoping my mum dies with her heart before it gets to that stage as it would be a 'kinder' ending.

Anyway enough of this depressing subject, this was meant to be a feel good thread.  :)

Remember your old childhood books? Tales of Toyland by the blessed Enid was mine. And I still love it  ;D

Bunty and Jackie comic?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 03:28:59 am by Jackie »

Hardfeather

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 08:24:33 am »
'Go to work on an egg', or 'In a hurry, no time to eat?...unzip a banana'.

Bom bom bom bom, Esso Blue.

;D

Rosehip syrup.........what was the brand name? ??? :-[

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 08:41:16 am »
Hello Og I remember If it wont start Pull the YOKE out  ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2010, 09:13:47 am »
What about the kids tv. Andy pandy, chigley, candlewick green, Mr Ben... That was when tv was tv

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2010, 09:24:07 am »
Good morning Helen Its foggy here in GY quite thick still no snow though Moving away from the tots TV all of the Bakers used to watch spell bound excuse the pun Samantha and Darren poor Darren he just could not win with Endora about could he.I have a smashing lady friend on RCC and I asked her if she could wiggle her nose.Alas not I'm sorry to say George was her reply and her family used to watch as well ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 09:27:30 am »
Morning George. I believe your thinking of bewitched and I liked that too. The other similar one was I dream of genie but didn't like that so much.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 09:29:40 am »
She was a smashing looking girl but I dont think JR made the best of his chances do you? ;D ;D ;D :farmer:

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 10:39:34 am »
Thanks for the understanding .... it is much appreciated.

Back to the thread....My earliest memories revolve around the radio, The Glums, The Navy Lark, Round The Horn, of course The Goons Show and best of all The Archers...to which I still listen avidly!

Radio spurs the imagination like T.V. never could!

Farmer,  :farmer:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:41 am »
Farmer You are so right POVEY YOU WILL BE HERE FOR TEA MY MOTHER WILL BE HERE AND SO WILL YOU Left hand down a bit Terrific rattle Didn't you let us free of the dock AH AH AH ! great I can remember 1st of January 1951 will it be as good as Dick Barton Special Agent? Could relate to it so it grew on us and for years we hardly missed an episode.Then it was on proper wireless on 1500 metres Long wave It used to say Droitwich on the tuning scale on the old Cossor.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 04:18:17 pm »
Who could forget 'Two Way Family Favorites'...'The Clithero Kid'...'Uncle Mac'...and the most bizarre programme of all 'Educating Archie'...a ventriloquist dummy on radio!...and yes I was an Oval Te-nee (don't know correct spelling, sorry Rosemary)...Ahh...happy, happy days!

Farmer,  :farmer: ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS