Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: poorly goat...  (Read 11550 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: poorly goat...
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:14 pm »
thankyou, its lovely to hear that!

you want to see the size of those ex-batts now - we've dug out all the mud and re-paved their run, and both of us commented how big they are now they're feathered up!
we even washed their tractor (just as somebody in a sharp suit came to the door... there we are in filthy overalls, hosing down a toy tractor!!)

Margo has been out ages today just eating... she's definitely got her appetite back, tho no weight yet.

I went to give blood today & was rejected due to low haemoglobin (iron) level.... feel ok but thought it could be all the stress this winter what with everything
Little Blue

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 06:50:07 pm »
Littleblue you must remember you have to look after yourself too. :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »
I do, I think!
how much iron is there in cider? and chocolate?     (just kidding!)
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 10:23:08 pm »
Not sure about iron content in cider and chocolate .....but one thing is for sure, it makes you feel better, so thats ok.  You carry on with that "medicine!"  says she who has just tucked in to her "medicine" of chocolate and lager!!

Good to hear Margo is eating better now.  I had to laugh about your tractor, and washing it.  When I saw it, I just assumed it belonged to your toddler and they had been riding it round the hen run .....so any visitor would think likewise!!  It is amazing how big the ex battery hens get with good feeding ......one of ours is enormous.

Got another rescue coming up mid May if you or anyone you know want some hens!!  Ours are laying well, but eggs going from the gate faster than we can produce them at the moment.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 05:26:38 pm »
Quote from: Roxy link=topic=6671.msg66622#msg66622 date=1270848188
Got another rescue coming up mid May if you or anyone you know want some hens!!  [/quote
I'll ask around my hen-keeping/gullible friends!  Not sure if we can house any... I'll think about it!!
We've a fridge full of eggs... if you were nearer I'd let you have some! As it is, I'll just have to make more cake I suppose!
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS