Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fox Trap Plans??  (Read 15274 times)

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
Fox Trap Plans??
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:29:57 pm »
Anyone found any good diy plans for building a humane fox trap? Had a good search on t'internet but the ones I find either require a log on account or are pretty vague.

???

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Fox Trap Plans??
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:58:23 pm »

Try this thread from a few months ago. Note, the jury's still out on whether ours would have worked, as foxy met the farmer next door before he had time to try it out!  ;)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Declan

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Rathfriland, Co.Down
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 04:29:42 pm »
I spent £110 on one of these traps- shouldn't have bothered. I've put my poor live bait into one end many's a night only to find that he has ingored it  over and over. But theres still traces of where he's tried to get into the hen house/pen
They dont call him cunning for nothing!!

Not being rude but I'm finding a good piddle around the house every few nights seems to be working!!!!!!! Sorry.

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:23:37 am »
If you decide to flog it Declan, send me a message.

:farmer:

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 06:20:51 pm »
Question. When you've caught the fox in the humane trap what happens next? I'm guessing the little bugger gets taken away to become someone elses problem, or why trap it alive in the first place?

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »
THEN THEY SHOOT IT  :o  what is the point of releasing it to do the same again  :'(

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 09:28:49 pm »
Why a live trap?  Well mainly because it is just as good at catching cats as foxes (actually better  ;D), which obviously need to be released again unharmed.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 01:44:52 pm »
Question. When you've caught the fox in the humane trap what happens next? I'm guessing the little bugger gets taken away to become someone elses problem, or why trap it alive in the first place?
Well, I was thinking of giving it a good talking to and sending it on it's way.........    ::)  :D

Reasons for a live humane trap:
Any other animal caught can be released unhurt.
AND
Cos foxy could nip by at any time. Can't watch the coop 24/7.

--------

Try this thread from a few months ago. Note, the jury's still out on whether ours would have worked, as foxy met the farmer next door before he had time to try it out!  ;)

Cheers for that. We've taken a few ideas from the info we've found and made one.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 01:56:01 pm »
Fair enough. We had someone come into where I work not long ago wanting humane rat traps so they could catch them and then release them somewhere else. There are some people about with strange attitudes to vermin. Imagine some tw&t catching his foxes then letting them out on or near your land. I know who I'd be wanting to shoot.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS