Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Troops to be used to control civil unrest.....  (Read 24783 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Troops to be used to control civil unrest.....
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2009, 06:04:40 pm »
There's more, There's more!!!  ;)

EWS/DBSchenker and Transport Scotland were at loggerheads with each other ion the subject of the East Coast Line with EWS/DBS insisting on their right and franchise to carry freight over it, while Transport Scotland wanted to enhance passenger services.  Till all of a sudden a good fairy came along and it was all sweetness and light and bingo!!!!
EWS/DBS back off - guess why?  Because they were given the franchise to put whatever they wanted and whenever they wanted over the SAK line.
I think it's a theory that stands up, and in fact when I was speaking to Gordon Banks the other day he svoiced concerns of that ilk too!

In addition, guess where your electricity comes from - Longannet uses coal from Australia, Russia, and South America - now where is the economic or ecofriendly sense in that!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

Re: Troops to be used to control civil unrest.....
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2009, 06:13:41 pm »
yes exactly ..what sort of eco footprint is that ...? same with the LNG going to Wales now... still it is all about money for the big boys again . Governments will always allow this sort of thing as many of them are sitting on boards of the said companies, or at least have very well hidden connections , or the companies DONATE ???? lots of £ to the government .

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS