Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Second fighting pig post  (Read 1360 times)

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
Second fighting pig post
« on: January 01, 2024, 01:37:24 pm »
I have two sister sows about 4 years old wild boar crosses large white. Always lived together apart from when in pig. After a littler they would normally fight short duration then back to normal.
However these year they have not been in pig and were living in harmony.
One day I want to bring them in they live in a large woodland during the day and have a stable at night. One evening both did not want to come in. So one came in then about 11pm in the night the other decided to come in. I could see her on cctv waiting at the gate. She was a big skittish never went to the stable so bedded down with my two boy Kuni Kuni both have not nuts and very friendly.
The next day I  went to put the sisters back together and one hell of a fight with erupted.
No way to get them a part easily however I managed but not never some traumatic injuries to both on rear hind legs bites and contusion.
I have had them separated now for two months still chance each other up and down the fence line. However in the last week this more or less subsided so o tried to introduce them to each other agin. Boom world war three.
This is now making life super hard as I need them out during the day as separating them is a ball ache. I have two other large sows that live in the woodland full time. All four pigs get on it’s just the two sisters. I’m at a loss as what to do.
Boredom is not an issue nor is it feed related.
They are my breeding sows great mums and I raised them by hand. So I have never intended to slaughter them and don’t want to give one away as I can’t be certain they will never be slaughtered (sentimental ) any advise from fellow pig keeper.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Second fighting pig post
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 05:16:53 pm »
I think that you will struggle to get these two back together now. Especially if they can't settle with a fence between them. Do you think they had been fighting in the wood when they didn't want to come in?

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
Re: Second fighting pig post
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 08:26:48 am »
In hind site I think they had been fighting.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS