Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not sure what to do ...  (Read 5301 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Not sure what to do ...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »
What are the ingredients of Kick-start?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:36 pm »
Propylene glycol/glucose, molasses, selenium & vitE ... I think.  Plus whatever magic they put in it to make it absorb super quick into the blood stream.  It's just an energy booster.

Would be good to be able to make up an emergency home-made alternative for when you are out of kick start and the shops are shut!

I see Nettex now make another product called Lamb Care, but that contains probiotics and colostrum + vitamins, so probably more specific to lambs that are compromised by bacteria (e-coli etc).

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 04:26:58 pm »
Re small quantity worries ....  This years pet lamb was very reluctant, no more than 50 ml at a time and so only a few 100 ml in first few days.....  But hunger does work wonders!  Day 7 now and he has transformed into a greedy guzzler  ;D  (That's an official tas term I believe).  Good luck fi xx

wonderwooly

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 08:38:15 pm »
yep found the same with feeding from bottle painfull at start then they bug you every
moment, I guess its a bit late as the ewes are in the field but milking the ewe mother
and then bottle feeding with that (covering the teat with that smell) befor might help them get used to it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS