Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: battery powered secateurs  (Read 5476 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
battery powered secateurs
« on: February 28, 2022, 07:19:56 pm »
Who knew you can now buy rechargeable battery powered secateurs?  My hands have become arthritic and creaky so the annual pruning has become a bit of a task (Him indoors isn't allowed to prune since he turned my carefully espaliered apple into a pompom  :tired: )
Today my new Bosch rechargeable secateurs arrived and are currently charging up before their first trial tomorrow.  I'll let you know if they're worth the outlay  :thumbsup:   :garden: :apple: :pear: :bee: :cherry: :tree:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: battery powered secateurs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 08:21:40 pm »
Long since available for professional vineyard pruning and similar.  I will be very interested in battery life, cutting width and the like of your particular purchase. Do give us working reviews [member=4333]Fleecewife[/member] along the way.   

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 08:42:25 pm »
Oooooh exciting ... but I just checked the price.... and him indoors was nearly keeling over at the price... I think they may be great for cutting goats hoofs rather than just for pruning. Would like to hear more in due course though!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 12:22:49 am »
I'll see how they go, but Anke I think I would be too scared to use them on a hoof.  They work by as soon as you apply pressure and they feel resistance they cut, so it could be a bit of a blood fest  :tired:

The price does seem a bit high but a good pair of secateurs isn't cheap either. Having said that, I really struggle with pruning and lots of other things these days, so if it helps, why not make use of it  8)

I have all the fruit trees to prune Arobwk so I'll give you an opinion when I've finished  :relief:  It might include a finger tally.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS