Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sad day but remaining optomistic  (Read 15351 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: Sad day but remaining optomistic
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 06:00:47 pm »

A brave and selfless decision well done, hopefully the spring will see you bounce back.  :bouquet:
Anne

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:19 pm »
Good luck with it all - I am a passionate biker as well as smallholder too - must be something to do with being out in all weathers  ;D
Take care
Tish  :bouquet:  :farmer:  :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:02 pm »
tough decision, well taken.
best wishes to you Cobra :bouquet:     :)
Little Blue

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 07:57:08 pm »
Thinking of you now, and will be tomorrow too. Bon courage.

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
Good luck, :bouquet: see you in the spring

Oddbod

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »
Just a change of direction and you have taken the opportunity and now can do something else, cease the day as its still you passion so your knowledge and skills are still there just  harder to utilise them!!!! A lot of people would not have done half you have and just sat back and got worse sooner, you have lived to your full potential or at least you seemed to have, selling your stock now you can have a chilled out care free winter then, when the weather improves see how things are....nature throws things at us all the time, we don't just stop but we find a different path to travel...enjoy the path you choose!!!    :)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 11:07:43 pm »
Very sad for you but the right thing to do. I am a great believer that when one door shuts another opens so look forward to next Spring and I hope the future looks brighter.  :bouquet:

chickenfeed

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 06:57:57 am »
Very sad for you but the right thing to do. I am a great believer that when one door shuts another opens so look forward to next Spring and I hope the future looks brighter.  :bouquet:

thats just our way of thinking too.

good luck for the future :bouquet:

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:28 am »
Have a cosy winter and emerge from the chrysalis in springtime. With best wishes.

What a beautiful sentiment.  Good luck with everything. Cx

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 10:04:01 am »
Best of luck at the auction and I hope a winter off allows you the space to bounce back in spring and pick up again. 

Also hope you continue to share your knowledge on here meantime  :bouquet:

Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 04:05:04 pm »
Thank you to everyone for your kind and comments of reassurance. To reassure a few here, I will still be about on TAS; we will be keeping our chooks and ducks at home and I still have access to the grounds on he moors, my Friend that I rent from made i very clear yesterday that it will always be there for me and when ever I want to carry on I can do so when ever I want.
He helped me yesterday with the animals and market. Prices were quite bad, they have been low for a few weeks apparently our 8 week old weaners only fetched £9 each, but they cost us nothing and they will now be cared for properly. We still have two sows lol I ran out of energy  :D
The last two will go to market on the 5th of Nov at the next pig market, in the mean time I will feed them but have back up if I have a bed day. Seems very empty out there right now, but I have to say the relief of the workload is a blessing and it was the right choice at this time
Thank you once more to everyone, you all continue to show support and a great support.  Bravo  :trophy: :thumbsup:

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 09:12:25 pm »
Cobra,
Stenosis of the spine can be operated on my bro has had three vertibrae sorted out he had his done when he was 36 he's now  71 and started to walk without crutches at the age of 58.

Incureable diseases ...... it's how you handle them and the mental attitude you develop that helps you .

Strangely such attitudes can help ..I know of a young lad who was encouraged to play space invaders in his head to shoot down cancerous cells in his head when he was only 18 and considered incureable and having a very short life span .. he now flys a fire watchers propellor driven aircraft and is close on 30 yrs old.
MRI scans show no more brain cancer.

Never ever give up , modify like your doing , but never ever give up .
 I've got adhesive arachnoiditis had it for 16 years ....that mind set I talk of helps ..honest..

Stay lucky
David
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 12:15:54 am »
Thanks for the positive reply, believe me I haven't given up.

As for inoperable I already know its not possible, the Op would be very risky and only give me two years mobility then certain paralysis; that was the choice I had five years ago and when me and the surgeon decided not to go ahead, I have three years to my credit. This spinal condition was given to me by a doctor with an ego larger than his ability, even though I had expressly refused a spinal injection (to test the brain fluids for toxin) because of past injury, he waited until I was unconscious with meningitis and tried, not once but 5 times: He failed bending 5 separate needle's beyond recognition and left me with a spinal disease and spinal stenosis.

On top of that I contracted Mito, the meningitis sparked it off, theres no cure and only a hand full of people have heard of it or now how to deal with anyone with it. So the fact that I rode my bike up until a couple of moths ago and managed the animal's until now shows I'm not giving up.
Attitude and will of mind is an amazing power we all have inside us: I am glad for everyday, when Im in the wheelchair it isn't the end of your life, just the beginning of a new way to live it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:20:59 am by Cobra »

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 05:43:07 am »
Have you been able to get onto a three week or so residential course at a hospital that deals with adjusting to a life of long term disability where you get a more than a few  ideas of coping with things and also keeping or regaining a little bit of mobility that you may have hidden away inside you ?
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 09:31:06 am »
Cobra
Just wanted to add my good wishes to all the rest, having on going back trouble myself which shows no sign of getting any better i think you've been very brave in you descsion to cut back on your livestock, something i think i'm going to have to consider doing myself in future.
Sending you a big piggy hug Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS