Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: nobel peace prize  (Read 3884 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
nobel peace prize
« on: October 12, 2009, 03:06:06 pm »
I read a blog this morning. Hear's a part of it. What do you think?
Our president won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday. I don't know what to say about that really. I know he didn't start them, but he is conducting two wars, and along with the Israelis, we are the only country in the world that is occupying another country against their will. We are still capturing insurgents and flying them to secret torture places in other parts of the world and to cap it all off, we are not satisfied with bombing places all over the earth, he wins the Nobel Peace Prize on the very day we send a rocket and explode it on the Moon.

Who the heck makes the decisions on the Nobel Prizes anyway. Even Obama is embarrassed he won it.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Re: nobel peace prize
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 03:12:23 pm »
i have to admit it puzzled me - then again, Alfred Nobel invented dynamite and owned a weapons manufacturing company - so seems strange they "sponsor" a peace prize

maybe Obama won the inaugural "haliburton" peace prize - for services to war mongering corporations

Would of been nice if he refused it and said - give it to me when we aren't at war or occupying another country

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »
Well said

sunnyjohn

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Milton Keynes
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 10:36:41 pm »
Couldn't put it better than all the comments so far. But I gather Nobel himself came up with the idea of the Peace Prize because HE was embarrased by having created a means of mass destruction. He went on to work hard for the cause of peace, hence the Peace Prize.

Perhaps Obama will be motivated to follow Nobel's lead and principles, and adopt Peace in place of war. He's made a few overtures that could be in that direction (if they're not Political point-scoring and cynical window-dressing!), so it would be good to think he's now painted into a corner where he has to live up to the image the Peace Prize projects...! Well, we can hope...? ::)

John

sandy

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:19:52 am »
 ??? I find it odd but I suppose wars keep order, order leads to peace ::)

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 09:34:00 am »
Sunny John has said all I was gonna say -

a prize given so the possessor strives to deserve it if ever they were one

Bit like stuff I used to do with incredibly naughty boys when I was a teacher - it sometimes works too ;D ;D ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 11:06:18 am »
too much money is at stake now for the US not to be at war

senators have been paid off by big business, lobbyists now hold the power, quangos spend money on "homeland security" - the oil must be kept flowing, and it's not just about oil now - it's about free markets, currency, access to consumers.

international finance, currency speculation, deregulation of state owned markets like Water, energy, telecoms, internet, broadcasting - they all need to be taken from state owned hands and given to corporations that need new markets to expolit, grow, finance, capitalise or they themselves will be swallowed up by other corporations

the state of war serves these companies well - the people don't question defence spending (Hummer are doing very well out of it these days you know!) as it's unpatriotic, everyone is a terrorist waiting to steal our freedom - so we gladly sell our privacy and freedom to the government, who in turn sell it to corporations - all for our own good. It's a new form of slavery.

The war keeps the next "market" scared and willing to roll over when their time comes for the greed machine to move in.

it keeps the consumers worried and spending.

it's a very slick machine.

there will be no more peace - just little skirmishes to stamp out "terrorism"

there, that's my doom rant for the day! (Rusty would be proud!)

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 11:09:34 am »
Im VERY PROUD OF YOU TOO Sellicbhoy

Another child of the light and truth on our side - yippeee ;D ;D ;D

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 11:22:20 am »
Im VERY PROUD OF YOU TOO Sellicbhoy

Another child of the light and truth on our side - yippeee ;D ;D ;D

Actually, only yesterday i formed my own limited company. I am now the MD of my own little business - i am now a capitalist fat cat who is part of the above machinery.

yes, i'm a conflicted person!

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »
We have to live in this world Sellickbhoy

You are just living in a corrupt place and playing the game - what else can ye do lad!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Best of luck and hope the business does really well  :-* Julie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS