Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: for the pot.....?  (Read 7954 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: for the pot.....?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 09:13:19 pm »
Harry, You must be pulling one of my 2 legs lol. Give me a google link and I might even believe it! :&>

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »
IME a bit of a computer dummy, dont know what a google link is, but sevaral people have said that when i told them but its as true as ime sat sitting here, try searching jeeves or something, its common to shoot them in the wild as almost impossible to catch. Regards Harry

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 09:29:27 pm »
Sounds like they are related to the Haggis Bird? ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 09:35:26 pm »
lol.... yes .. when I were a lad we were poor ( the sound of the Hovis music plays in the background ) I mean really poor. I used to have to go downt road to knackers yard and get sheeps head for boiling up in stew . Mum always told me to tell the knacker man to leave the eyes in, so it would see us through the week !!!!  ::) ::) I also knew a farmer that crossed a chicken with a millipede , a chickypede !!!. Crap at egg laying ... but loads of legs to eat... ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 06:59:09 pm »
I happen to know that the story about a chickypeed is untrue as i know the farmer that crossed them and he told me  when i asked him what they tasted like he said,  "Buggered if i know i havnt managed to catch on yet, you know how they can run with 2 legs so no chance with these.". Dont tell me about being poor as when i was born in the 1949 when i was about 5 in the 50s i had to go out after dark to nick the neighbours rubbish so we had something to put out for the bin men. HARRY.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 09:48:25 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 08:44:04 am »
Its really a french plot.  The idea is to sell all these 4 legged chickens to breeders, who then cant catch them, then we sell our birds to you at very inflated prices.   :turkey:

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:17:39 pm »
Hang on,  what was the question? :-\
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:19:13 pm by harry »

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 01:22:19 pm »
Chickens for the pot so we havent really gone off topic.    :chook::yum:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS