Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GG X AN Goatling for sale  (Read 1809 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
GG X AN Goatling for sale
« on: August 22, 2010, 10:46:12 pm »
She is a Golden Guernsey X Anglo Nubian girl, ready to go to the billy this autumn. She is chocolate brown in colour and smooth/short coated. AN ears and legs, otherwise similar to GG.

Lilly came to me after her previous owner had to move out of her house and was going to take her back by the end of summer, but this is now not going to happen. I have a fairly full goathouse as it is...

Lilly is very inquisitive, and as for goats in general will need at least one other goat for company. Good fencing is also a must, however she has not jumped out of our field since coming here. She is used to being lead walked, will eat anything (meaning that she needs her food rationed!) and demands a stroke before she will let you pass her in the field. Lilly is unregistered, but I know her pedigree and she should be a reasonable milker. She is disbudded. Lambivac up to date. Recently wormed.

I have some photos, we are based in the Scottish Borders and I can deliver at (diesel) cost within reasonable distance. However only reply if you have already have (at least) one goat and therefore have a farm code and herd number.

PM for further details and discussion.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: GG X AN Goatling for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 11:28:11 am »
Ahh you have decided to sell her then. She sounds like a lovely animal- however we have too many as it is at the moment.

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: GG X AN Goatling for sale
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »
Similar problem here, and yes she is lovely.

Her previous owner really wants her back, but hasn't got any land and only rents her cottage... I have advised her that it is really not possible to have her in a rented place - too many problems with landlords... But hopefully we will find a place for her somewhere...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS