Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello from blackridge  (Read 1389 times)

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
hello from blackridge
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:36:40 am »
Hi all

just joined as you may have already guessed  :excited:  since moving to scotland many years ago been looking on and off for an allotment (where im from council have waiting lists) imagine my surprise and a little dissapointment that west lothian council currently do not have any allotments......but ...... they are getting me in touch with someone who maybe able to help  :thumbsup: it seems that this is something that more and more people are needing and wanting.  ill post any information im given  and hope it helps others that are like minded out there

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
Re: hello from blackridge
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 07:16:22 pm »
hello again........

just had a call from colin bell  who is trying to get allotments up and running but really needs an idea of numbers of who and how many are interested in the blackridge/ armadale  area .......
if you dont mind your details going onto their data base then please forward your details to
colin.bell@westlothian.co.uk  colin  has also advised that there is a community garden type area in armadale in the mayfield area  or another area is starlaw near boghall

any area that is suitable will also need to be tested for contamination  etc  so i expect if a site is found that is suitable that fund raising would be needed

hope this helps a little  :wave:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 09:11:29 pm »
Hello and welcome!

I live just up the road from you near Avonbridge. Not interested in an allotment personally, as I have more then enough with trying to keep up with the garden here. They definitely used to have allotments/community garden near boghall because I used to work with a guy who was involved there.

The only other thing I am aware of is that one of the garden centres just outside Linlithgow was starting up allotments. Can't remember if it was Rouken Glen or Hopetoun House garden centre, but one of the two. Might be a little far too travel for you though.

Beth

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »
 :wave: Hi and welcome from chilly Shropshire.  Hope you get your allotment soon.

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:35:51 am »
thanks for the info ......... if all else fails it maybe worth a try ill keep it in mind  ;D

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 04:44:18 pm »
well feel  very smug with myself  managed to start the digging for my veggie patch in between the snow showers....chasing my white inuit who is now black ........bath is running hot toddy in hand .........time to relax and build up the energy for the next venture of making a veggie  plot :) :excited:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 02:30:02 pm »
Now that's what I call keen.  Welcome from Worcestershire  :wave:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 07:46:15 pm »
well round 2 over with  3/4 of the garden/aka veggie plot dug .......... my dogs think its agreat play area for digging too  must learn to train them to dig the bits i havent  lol  :thinking:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS