Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Photos  (Read 1869 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Photos
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:51 am »
I've tried to post pictures on her but keep getting the message that they are too big.  >:(  How do I get round this?  And please don't say make them smaller because I don't know how.  The are the size that they are saved from my camera.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Photos
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:34 am »
There will be something on your computer that will let you edit your picture and/or save it compressed or low resolution.

On my system I use Windows Picture Manager, then Edit, then Compress, then choose For Web, then Save.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:54:29 am »
If you don't want to resize photo's you've got 2 options.
1) Adjust the picture quality settings on your camera (you'll have high quality and lower quality, the lower one should upload without adjustment)
OR
2) Open a photo sharing account such as flickr (there are others too) upload your photo's to it and using the insert hyperlink button (the wee world with the bit of paper above the winking smily) add a link to your photos.

Or, if all that just sounds way to technical email them to me and I'll resize them and email them back to you for you to post them  ;) My email address is kkjmckay@aol.com
HTH
Karen  :wave:

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:41:59 am »
Thanks Sally & Karen, that's really helpful.

I've got plans to get a tool on TAS that lets you upload large photos and have them automatically resized, maybe over the holiday break...  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS