Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: UK merino wool for sale  (Read 5830 times)

Shnoowie

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Cornwall
    • Binty's Farm
UK merino wool for sale
« on: December 08, 2021, 10:30:44 am »
We've finally updated our Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/BintysFarm) with Merino wool from our sheep here in Cornwall :D

We also have carded BFL (this is very fine!) and hand felted soaps made from British wool.

We've been busy! 

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: UK merino wool for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 05:15:01 pm »
You are just a few miles down the coast from me!  When it's allowed, I would love to see your Bowmonts sometime...   :eyelashes:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:42:50 pm »
It all sounds scrummie but....hand felted wool?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Shnoowie

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Cornwall
    • Binty's Farm
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 02:16:59 pm »
Of course, Sally!  Your name made me think you were much further away!

Yes Fleecewife :)  We felt all of the wool on to the soaps by hand :)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 06:12:29 pm »

Yes Fleecewife :)  We felt all of the wool on to the soaps by hand :)

I'm still struggling with the concept of woolie soap.  Is it wrapped in wool and why?  Does it make a half sponge half bar of soap combo?  I can't quite visualise just what it is  :dunce: ::) .  I can see that having the soap already wrapped in fleece would make it very easy to felt.....

I've just checked what I wrote before and I see I put 'hand felted wool' when I meant 'hand felted soap'...another  :dunce:  for me. Of course I know what hand felted wool is, I've done it myself, but not with a bar of soap inside for use as soap.

So I had a look on Etsy and this is what it says: <<< What is Hand Felted Soap? Felt Soap is literally soap that is enclosed in felted wool. Basically, the wool is placed on a bar of soap and as you work it with water, the fibers felt together. As you use the soap, the bar shrinks and the felt shrinks with it.>>>

:idea:  I see  :D .

Then I clicked on your link  :-[  and answered all my own questions  ;D   They look lovely Shnoowie  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 06:23:55 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 10:37:56 pm »

Lol, I was a long, long way away - north of Hadrian's Wall, though still in England. just! - when I chose my forum name, and somehow never felt like I wanted to change it when I moved back down to the SW of England.    I had been SitN for so long, everyone knew who that was...  I could make it SallyIntNorthCornwall now, I suppose!  lol. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS