Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What To DO !!  (Read 1684 times)

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
What To DO !!
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:24:23 pm »
What to do !!
Good weeks bad weeks..... 16 days ago we had a EWE prolapse.. 2 days l;ater our vet did a c section and removed a dead lamb TANGLED :'(....  anti biotics adminisrered and a healthy eating EWE i think all is well.
 I was going to give her the summer and cull for mutton aug/september she is now 14 monthys old.... well checked her this morning and prolapse again...1st time round cost 150 euro  do i cut my losses now, im in france and am happy to home slaughter but should    i  NOT eat the meat ?  i think this is more likely the pregnancy problem additionally the TAIL IS very short the docking was too short from the original owners and i see this may be a contributing possibility to the prolapse.??
WHAT TO DO !
ANY thoughts very welcolme
Thanks in advance.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: What To DO !!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »
I would cut the losses. And I can't see why you couldn't eat the meat, it is a mechanical sort of malfunction, rather than something which would taint the flesh I think?

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:34:05 pm »
Just check the meat withdrawal on the antibiotics the vet should have given her after the c-section.

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »
Thanks for replys..... the vet administered intramicine, it has a 30 day withdrawal period on meat... so  tomorrows a sad pointless day  :( :(.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »
 :( :( :(  I'm sorry  :( :( :(

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »
Sorry , for me not a problem wash ,apply savlon , push back in then either harness and spoon or stitches,  anti biotics and a pain killer . :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS