Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poultry Sale, this Satuurday, Stirling  (Read 19164 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Poultry Sale, this Satuurday, Stirling
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 05:00:07 pm »
What happened to QWOLF - never saw him/her?  James & Kerstin - did you buy anything?  I know Andrew and Janis did.  I told Sandy I'd take a couple of the black rocks she bought but I couldn't prise her fingers off them once they were out of my car! ;D ;D ;D  Thoroughly enjoyed my morning followed by a chat in the sun with Steve and Sandy over a cuppa.  Getting my four ex batts(and Beth's - ordered four for you Beth as you didn't say to Jim how many you wanted) tomorrow, then I MUST stop.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 05:05:13 pm »
I had a lovely day too. I bought 3 Call ducks, a Cayuaga and a Magpie. All have settled in very well and are beautiful, I am well chuffed. QWOLF was there, we met him and at that time he had bought a cockerel!! Nice to meet everyone whether for the first time or again. Kerstin stuck to her word and din't buy anything.

sandy

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 05:46:31 pm »
A Magpie?????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:58 pm »
I could give you dozens of them fro free - mind you they'd all be deaded - although I need to buy a gun first!  Nearly had a free pigeon for retrieving purposes but I'm too soft.  It had got trapped int eh chicken run - Jamie was swearing so much I HAD to go and see what was wrong.  I picked it up and threw it in the air and off it flew.  I think that was today's rainbow moment................................ :love:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2009, 09:52:28 pm »
A Magpie?????

Quite a large duck, black and white in colour, very nice. :&>

sandy

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 10:22:49 pm »
Arh ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 11:08:37 pm »
Well after having the morning off today, boy did I pay for it when I got back. Have been mega busy all afternoon and especially tonight. Just closing down now, all the ducks went to bed absolutely no problem which is amazing for a first night, the new ones simply followed the others up the ramp and off they went.

sandy

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2009, 11:22:56 pm »
We are sort of busy too so we went for a late work with an ex guest so when I went into the garden to see where my new black rocks were I saw they up a tree!!!! the garden is fairly safe so they are staying there!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 11:25:53 pm »
He he - you did say you thought your original three were doing that.  Bird talk rules OK ;D ;D ;D

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 11:29:17 pm »
Again - (as on the Big tent thread  ;D ), lovely to meet you all and put faces to names! I learned a lot, so will be ready when the time is right. I'm all jealous of the beautiful birds you bought, James! And isn't it all easy if it's just girls  ::)...bed now, I'm all knackered :)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:50 pm »
When I went to collect my Buff Orpington Ducks from Gordon Webster 2 years ago many of his hens were high up in the trees. I was surprised as I had not seen this before. This afternoon my straw and hay was delivered. The Toggenburg kids got up to mischief with the bales and knocked one over, all we heard was a hen squeal. It was the one that both Annie and Kerstin want, she was squashed underneath and making a din. As soon as I moved the bale off her she ran away, shook herself down and went on about her business.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2009, 11:43:34 pm »
Did we not say that she's not having any more incidents ??? We'll have to spin a coin now, Annie  ;D ;D ;D

sandy

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:50 pm »
The first time my Black rocks went into the trees I could not se them as it was fairly dark, just as I walked around the garden I heard them mumble so I saw them and had to collect them as they were young, not sure what to do with these as I have not had preditors in the garden due to it being enclosed by high walls...anyway, off ot bed to rest for the day ahead...nighty night x

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2009, 11:45:24 pm »
Ha ha ha Kerstin, she is the cutest and cheekiest wee chook ever and is not looking for a new home. It was funny though seeing her get up and run off as if nothing had happened. Hope you had fun at the Big Tent show. :)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2009, 11:46:56 pm »
I would imagine that your garden  would be safe enough for them Sandy. Good night.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:49:12 pm by jameslindsay »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS