Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ARAM's Can anyone enlighten me?  (Read 1420 times)

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
ARAM's Can anyone enlighten me?
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:54:25 pm »
Moved some sheep and recorded it with ARAM. They have put my address wrong saying Suffolk not surrey! so I ring them (opening hours mon-sat 8am-8pm) And it said they were closed  :rant:

Finally I get there and printed out the paper work, There Is one copy for the CPH they leave, one of the CPH they go to, one for haulier and one for the bureau.

Does this mean we have to post the Bureau copy to ARAM's?

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Re: ARAM's Can anyone enlighten me?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:42:20 pm »
Surely the whole idea is to avoid posting, like pig movement?? I have just registered. Might be worth a call if they ever open to check it works and no need to post.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:03:42 am »
Sounds crazy to have to post if you are using the online system, surely not?  Mind you, nothing would surprise me!  I did just read in Farmer's Weekly that the only compulsory change is to use the new form, you (by which I mean farmers and smallholders) don't have to do anything online if you don't want to.  But marts and so on must use the online system.

petectid

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:15:45 am »
It all depends on whether the holding the sheep or goats are being moved to is registered to use the system.  It's had to be designed to cater for holdings that do not have broadband.  And in the early days of ARAMS not everyone will be registered so some paper and mail will be involved.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »
As I understand it, it's the holding the stock is moved TO that has to send off the paperwork, as with the old system.  Our livestock market is still sending off paper forms because the ARAMS computer system isn't working properly yet (surprise!)  By the time you've reeled off four copies you might as well use the paper form (and save your own printer paper and ink to boot).  So really all that's changed is the address to send the form to.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS