Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animal dying - maggots  (Read 26168 times)

Big Benny Shep

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Skipton
Re: Animal dying - maggots
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
Ruggle worked really well on our tups heads, as they were being bothered badly by flies, within mins there were barely any around them. We also use Buzz off buckets which contains garlic, we put these out early May and they seem to help, got some helpful vitamins and minerals in them too
BIG Ben
We have 80(ish) texels and texel x suffolks, 10 lleyns, 21NE Mules, 2 Dexters with calves, Monty the labrador, Dottie, Bracken and Poppy the collies and 30 assorted hens.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2015, 09:32:50 am »
Interesting, I've heard of it used for itchy ponies, but not for sheep up til now

Big Benny Shep

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Skipton
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2015, 10:12:51 am »
There are a few options around http://www.caltech-crystalyx.co.uk/products/products-folder/garlyx/
Ive used these before, can't find the ones I'm using now, but I only changed because the shop changed hands and supplier. 
They don't seem to eat them as fast as they eat mineral buckets in winter.
BIG Ben
We have 80(ish) texels and texel x suffolks, 10 lleyns, 21NE Mules, 2 Dexters with calves, Monty the labrador, Dottie, Bracken and Poppy the collies and 30 assorted hens.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS