Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Registering land for CPH number  (Read 3105 times)

Pundyburn Lynn

• Joined May 2012
Registering land for CPH number
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:38:00 pm »
Hello folks,

We're about to get a couple of sheep for lawnmowing duties and need to register our garden as a holding.  I've printed off the Land and Business Change form as advised and am completely bamboozled by it.  Does anyone else have any experience of completing one for a garden???  Do I need to set myself up as a business?  How do I find out my land parcel identifier?   ???

Lynn

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Registering land for CPH number
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »
call defra one phonecall should sort it for you!!!

0845 603 7777 option 5 according to there website (this assumes your in england)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »
yeh just do it on the phone, really easy!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 01:58:35 pm »
they refer to the business, but that can just be your name its just a way of tracking livestock etc...

Pundyburn Lynn

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 05:14:08 pm »
Thanks folks!

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »
I've just applied for my number and was unable to do it on the phone, I had to fill in the land change form. My land has never been registered before and I was really confused by the form, most of it is irrelevant to me. I spoke to my local rural payments place and they told me which questions to fill in. In the additional information bit I explained my intentions for the land. They issued my number within a week.

Badger Nadgers

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Derbyshire/North Staffs
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 12:49:35 pm »
Do I need to set myself up as a business?  How do I find out my land parcel identifier?   ???

It's been a while since I applied for my primary CPH but I recall something about why I was keeping them (business, breeding etc) so I assume they'd accepts pets or lawnmowers if there was only a handful.  Presumably it ties in to some risk banding related to likely number of movements?

For locating your land use the DEFRA Magic Map application.  Pick it off a map an it can give you a grid ref and postcode (as well as things like if the land is in schemes etc which a garden obviously won't be) etc

http://magic.defra.gov.uk/MagicMap.aspx?layers=Designations,9,10&box=-288417:46530:777997:746530

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS