Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what do you all collect?  (Read 11014 times)

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
what do you all collect?
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:23:13 am »
Hi all - amongst other odds and ends I collect colanders.  Strange but true.  I obviously collect sheep and pigs but we are a farm of sorts.  Hope to increase our Berkshires soon - one due today and the other on the 5th Jan - but cant keep them all.  Jan

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: what do you all collect?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:54:51 pm »
I collected pigs (not live ones) by accident. Many yearsw ago my daughter and I planned a holiday in Ireland and she gave me a piggy bank to save in.  (She then metamorphosed into the teenager from hell so I decided she could go on her own). Then I once mentioned to a friend that I love pigs.  This friend had seen my piggy bankand gave me another one.  Someone saw them and thought I collected them so gave me another one, etc etc.  Then I started being given small pig ornaments and big fluffy pigs.  It was all very nice until we started being overrun by the things and what was worse, I had to DUST them.  In the end, I had to pack them all away because I was being given nothing but pigs as presents.  What I really want is a REAL pig but lack the space.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 01:09:01 pm »
I collect fairies(not real ones ::)) and tiny teddy bears. According to the OH, I also collect dogs but they just happen along ;D.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
What do you collect
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:34:36 pm »
Bad habits !

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »
Crown derby porcelain (Imari pattern 1128), soap moulds (most of which i never use) and I seem to have a collection of other peoples children here most days to "see the animals".
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:57:05 pm »
Dirty washing, always seem to be gathering it and putting the washer on! :thumbsup:  used to collect Crown Derby paperweights, ran out of room and fed up of dusting them, now they are in 3 big boxes packed away in attic. The childrens inheritance.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:59:26 pm by Miss Piggy »

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:00:21 pm »
Junk - anything for free that I can possibly use; anything I can dismantle for parts; anything with scrap value; anything that can be chopped up for firewood; anything that I feel it's a waste to let it be thrown away.

Anything really.  ;D

m

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:53 pm »
my OH collects model cars......
since having the animals I seem to be collecting freezers!! :D

princesspiggy

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »
i use to collect cow ornaments and stuff for my kitchen, i used to love them but now we have our 2 real cows so dont collect anymore.
we have loads and loads of horses brasses on our beams, so will keep collecting til theres no more room left...lol

deepinthewoods

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 03:41:38 pm »
ive got a pretty good collection of cookery books, cookings my hobby.
it would appear ive started collecting copper cookwear...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 04:03:19 pm »
Dirty washing, always seem to be gathering it and putting the washer on! :thumbsup: 

I think the stuff breeds in the linen basket.  A friend once said that that is why it's called 'dirty' washing.   ;D ;D

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »
Dust, mud and animal hair 

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »
I seem to collect loonie women. I'm on my 4th at the moment and over many years it's a habit I cannot seem to break.

But, by the time you discover that they are barking mad it's to late to take them back to the lampost I found them tied to.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

princesspiggy

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 07:54:21 pm »
I seem to collect loonie women. I'm on my 4th at the moment and over many years it's a habit I cannot seem to break.

But, by the time you discover that they are barking mad it's to late to take them back to the lampost I found them tied to.

lol...i have the same problem with looney men...lol   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »
Dogs, cats, hens... seriously though, Emma Bridgewater bird mugs. I also have a few of the dog ones too. It's getting harder to get original ones as they are so popular with some making around the £200 mark.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS